• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Mike Malone from GS is one of the best assistants in the NBA

Likewise, McHale leans heavily on J.B. Bickerstaff and Kelvin Sampson. Both of those guys are candidates for HC positions now*.

*Sampson is on everyone's list, but Bickerstaff is also on the Detroit list. Kind of surprising, given his age.

San Antonio is fortunate to not be heading to Oracle down 0-2. They've been consistently outplayed the majority of the first two games.

This Warriors team is really fun to watch right now. With Curry in his fourth year, Thompson in his second, and Barnes, Green, and Ezeli as rookies, this is a group that has potential down the road as well.

NBA Guru ‏@NBAGuru 2h
Since Conference Semifinals went to 7 games in 1968, this year marks the first time EVER all series were 1-1 after 2 games.

What are you confused about? Jackson and McHale are both known for being well-liked motivators. They handle personalities extremely well, and they get guys to "buy in". In the NBA, that's 1/2 the battle.

If you watch during timeouts though, they typically let the assistants run the whiteboard. I can speak better about Houston's case, where McHale's assistants handle virtually every defensive aspect.

You responded to your own post.

I'm. Worried. Spurs were once one of te best backs-against-the-wall teams ever , but they didn't respond very well to the thunder last year and u could see a repeat.

Will be interesting to see if more spurs were sick w the flu. Manu had nothing and Boris hardly played. I thought only green and Parker played w playoff intensity in the 2nd half. For GS both green and Barnes as well as jack hit big buckets in the 4th.

At this point, dont you have to straight sell out to stop the three? Make Bogut score 50. Trading half court set 2s for open 3s is a recipe for losing.

All factors figured in like age, salary, injuries... how many PGs do you take over Steph right now? He is signed for the next 4 seasons for about 43 million. A lot depends on if you think this playoff leap is semi-permanent.

Take him over Deron, John Wall.
Do you take him over DRose?
Not even a convo with Kyrie, right?

When they do sell out to stop the three, Curry goes by his man with ease and gets layups. Thompson can also adjust and hit mid-range jumpers. Basically the Spurs have had no answer.

Parker is getting abused on defense. When the Spurs were mounting their comeback last night, the Warriors just ran ISO's for whoever Parker was guarding. And that killed the Spurs' run.

Through the first two games, the Warriors are getting much easier shots than the Spurs. If Green, Barnes, and Landry continue to play at this level, the Spurs are in trouble.

I would still take Kyrie.

GM of the Year results:

1. Masai Ujiri, Denver
2. Gary Saks, LAC
3. Daryl Morey, Houston

Apparently Gar Forman and Billy King got votes too. What are people smoking?

Ujiri is such a boss. Can make the argument that all his good moves happened 2 years ago though with the Carmelo trade. Got a haul that turned into something big.

Steph's ankles worry the crap out of me. Not sure which PGs I would take him over given how it sounds like downs cortizone shots like they're cough drops.

These folks <3 Joakim

BJ1s-W4CEAIlcvX.jpg:large

edit: sorry for the haas

Last edited:
Back