• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything can happen once you make the playoffs. The NFC has almost no depth. The Cardinals are in a decent position for the playoffs right now which is nuts. Atlanta is likely buried barring a few wins in a row IMO, I agree that they are one injury away from folding. Panthers have a shot to sneak into the wild card IMO. We can't have anymore slipups to mediocre teams like Buffalo and Arizona though, that's for sure. Plus the schedule gets much tougher with games left against the Pats, the Saints, the Falcons, and the 49ers.

Assuming the Falcons don't shut it down. To be honest, with our DL, I'm not intimidated by very many top teams.

We definitely have the potential to be in most games, but the Cardinals game worries me. I realize that it was a couple strange bounces, but that was a pretty low low to take a beating like that on the road in the second half. I don't group the Buffalo game in there because that was a coin flip at the end. We were better than Buffalo and really dominated most of that game, just couldn't get it done at the end. We can get aggressive (hopefully) and those changes can come pretty easily. I'll be excited if we can take care of business next week against St. Louis, and then have a probably still winless Tampa in our sights.

Our front seven is just playing awesome football. The secondary has had a lot of injuries and the front guys are stepping up.

We definitely have the potential to be in most games, but the Cardinals game worries me. I realize that it was a couple strange bounces, but that was a pretty low low to take a beating like that on the road in the second half. I don't group the Buffalo game in there because that was a coin flip at the end. We were better than Buffalo and really dominated most of that game, just couldn't get it done at the end. We can get aggressive (hopefully) and those changes can come pretty easily. I'll be excited if we can take care of business next week against St. Louis, and then have a probably still winless Tampa in our sights.

Our front seven is just playing awesome football. The secondary has had a lot of injuries and the front guys are stepping up.

Play calling is just the obvious difference maker between wins and losses for us.

I think the Panthers will win one close game at some point and it will just open things up for us. We seem to just be nervous as an organization in close games.

It's amazing that of our three losses, the only one where we truly were beaten was Arizona, and I agree that had smith and lafell hung into passes that the usually do (and did today) we'd have won that game rather than letting them hang around. I can definitely see 10-6 but I can also see 6-10. Completely depends on keeping focused and staying aggressive. I like the new Ron Rivera.

It's amazing that of our three losses, the only one where we truly were beaten was Arizona, and I agree that had smith and lafell hung into passes that the usually do (and did today) we'd have won that game rather than letting them hang around. I can definitely see 10-6 but I can also see 6-10. Completely depends on keeping focused and staying aggressive. I like the new Ron Rivera.

I had blocked out that Johnson fumble recovery TD that came off the board. That was horseshit.

I don't understand how 3 quarters of terrible offense can be written off by one first quarter dropped touchdown pass. We still got points on that possession. It was the other 7 or 8 possessions where we didn't score any points that cost us the game.

not optimistic, we've only beaten teams that have 1 total win between them

Untitled99.gif

I don't understand how 3 quarters of terrible offense can be written off by one first quarter dropped touchdown pass. We still got points on that possession. It was the other 7 or 8 possessions where we didn't score any points that cost us the game.

Arizona has a pretty good defense. If you leave 10 points sitting on the board against a decent NFL team on the road, it will probably come back to haunt you.

I need a fantasy RB...should I get fatty TD vulture Tolbert, JStew, or avoid either?

I need a fantasy RB...should I get fatty TD vulture Tolbert, JStew, or avoid either?

Avoid.

Tolbert has to split goal line carries with Cam, although the coaches are better utilizing him this year than last. No one has seen Stewart carry a football since last year.

My RBs are hurting so I've thought about Tolbert, but I don't know if we are reliable enough to plug him in versus a bad team, or our offense is simply good enough to be counted on for purely TDs

So the Super Bowl will actually be in New Jersey though. Any insight on the best places to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back