• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

i will never ever understand gordon hayward getting a max deal

Born CRAZY is def coming to Charlotte, they'll give him the $

The Cavs haven't even secured a meeting with Bron Bron. Why the hell would they wait for him to sign before going after their other targets?

THINK

You were so close to having a good post, but couldn't help yourself.

Waiting a few days wouldn't hurt anything. They could talk with Hayward's people and keep it quiet. There's no upside in publicizing this offer.

You were so close to having a good post, but couldn't help yourself.

Waiting a few days wouldn't hurt anything. They could talk with Hayward's people and keep it quiet. There's no upside in publicizing this offer.

Hayward can only sign one offer sheet on July 10th. What's his motivation for keeping a Cleveland deal quiet? Why would he give Cleveland the opportunity to dump him later, as you suggest he should? Why would he not keep shopping his services for a better deal unless the offer sheet was formally agreed to right now?

Just because he's not talking about publicly doesn't mean his agent can't be using it to negotiate.

Just because he's not talking about publicly doesn't mean his agent can't be using it to negotiate.

This makes no sense. You're arguing he should create a scenario whereby he could get screwed by Cleveland and Lebron. Why would he do that?

The threat of the offer sheet could bring Utah to the table.

Hayward isn't the dumb one here. It's the Cavs. Also if the sheet really exists, he should have signed it already. I'm guessing it's not a completely done deal yet.

The threat of the offer sheet could bring Utah to the table.

Hayward isn't the dumb one here. It's the Cavs. Also if the sheet really exists, he should have signed it already. I'm guessing it's not a completely done deal yet.

The offer sheet IS the threat, RJ. Utah wants him? Match.

You can't sign offer sheets until July 10th.

7l4Vydc.jpg

Bachynski had 253 blocks the last 2 years....holy shit.

[Redacted] tried to land Josh Davis as a postgrad transfer not too long ago.

Pacers sign CJ Miles for 4 years/18 million. Interesting to see how this impacts Lance re-signing.

I've come around a bit on Lance. If Hayward is getting 4 years/63 million in this market, I would not mind taking a gamble on Lance at 4/45ish range for value. That seems like a discount (honestly just a better reflection of true value in this market) because of his antics. Need to take some risks.

I've come around a bit on Lance. If Hayward is getting 4 years/63 million in this market, I would not mind taking a gamble on Lance at 4/45ish range for value. That seems like a discount (honestly just a better reflection of true value in this market) because of his antics. Need to take some risks.

I'd offer him 4/48. It's only a four-year deal, and the rest of the cap is immaculate. If he's an ass he's still probably tradable in two. But if he straightens out, you stole an All-Star level talent at age 23. These are the risks you should take in a small market with a strong team identity, locker room, and coach.

So after the Miles deal Indiana is at 72 million in payroll, with the lux tax starting at 77 million. I don't think they're a tax paying ownership group, so it's getting tight. They can buy out Scola for 2.9 million but that won't be enough on its own to match Lance's likely offer sheet and stay below the tax.

Back