• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Lance is going to be pissed if he doesn't get as much money as Hayward. He should be. He's a better player. He shoots better from the field, from three, is a much better defender and a much better rebounder. He scores nearly as much being the third or fourth option as Hayward does being first or second.

If Lance wasn't such a head case, he'd deserve much more money than Hayward.

So after the Miles deal Indiana is at 72 million in payroll, with the lux tax starting at 77 million. I don't think they're a tax paying ownership group, so it's getting tight. They can buy out Scola for 2.9 million but that won't be enough on its own to match Lance's likely offer sheet and stay below the tax.

Lance is unrestricted. No offer sheets or matching rights.

Lance is going to be pissed if he doesn't get as much money as Hayward. He should be. He's a better player. He shoots better from the field, from three, is a much better defender and a much better rebounder. He scores nearly as much being the third or fourth option as Hayward does being first or second.

If Lance wasn't such a head case, he'd deserve much more money than Hayward.

I agree with you rj. People give Hayward credit for being the only option on a terrible team but there's two sides to that coin. Isn't easier to put up inefficient stats on a terrible team (much like MCW in that 16-5-5 stat)? Lance has played a lot of important minutes in his career already on a contending team.

It'd be great. Zero chance. LaLa would just stay in New York.

Last edited:
melo on the hornets
Robocop_fap.gif

i mean......... jordan needs to start recruiting at some point

i mean......... jordan needs to start recruiting at some point

You really would think the opportunity to play for Jordan would resonate more with this generation.

I think it will now that the Hornets are starting to win. Previously, it was pretty easy to distance Jordan the player from Jordan the Kwame-drafter. As the Hornets get more succesful and he gets more facetime on the national stage like Bird in Indiana, I think he will start drawing in some players.

I think it will now that the Hornets are starting to win. Previously, it was pretty easy to distance Jordan the player from Jordan the Kwame-drafter. As the Hornets get more succesful and he gets more facetime on the national stage like Bird in Indiana, I think he will start drawing in some players.

Agree. Next year is the corner. Last season it was still, "Oh, look, cute! The Bobcats are a tad feisty!" But with the rebrand, playoff appearance, solid draft, engaging star players, good coach, etc. I think players will start to really look at Charlotte as a place to play. They just need to back last season up with another playoff run to cement a new identity. (Which is why I'd gamble on an overpay in free agency, now, but I understand the more prudent strategy - it's what got them here.)

At this point I think you offer Lance a two year deal at 15-16/year. He'd take it because he believes he will "still" be a max guy in two years and it gives the Hornets the ability to get away from his contract if it doesn't work out. It's not like they have anyone else to spend that money on.

At this point I think you offer Lance a two year deal at 15-16/year. He'd take it because he believes he will "still" be a max guy in two years and it gives the Hornets the ability to get away from his contract if it doesn't work out. It's not like they have anyone else to spend that money on.

I'm way on board with this strategy, though I don't think it will work. Big money, short term, let him prove himself for two more seasons. Give him 2 for 30M and roll it out.

i actually wouldn't mind hayward on my hornets for like a 3-year deal

he'd be a great fit with MKG

Hayward would be the titties. Sign him, Heat break up, Hornets to the ship next year. Get on the bandwagon now.

Back