• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
With the draft kicking off tomorrow, time to get the general discussion started. This has got to be the most interesting draft in years, as there are a bunch of potential impact players but really no picks are set in stone. And where does Johnny Football go? As high as #2 to St. Louis, or not even in the first round?

Who does everyone like for their team? I'm thinking the Giants take either TE Erik Ebron from UNC or OL Zack Martin from Notre Dame. Both would fill huge needs and likely start from the get-go.

Lions talking about trading up to get Sammy Watkins because

JOHNNY FOOTBALL TO BROWNS

JOHNNY FOOTBALL TO BROWNS

I think there will be more trading in the 1st round than usual. I think Houston wants to go down but still get Mack, so they can't go down too far. While everyone thinks Robinson is #2 to the Rams, I think they should take Watkins and hope to get Martin with their 2nd 1st round pick. Rumor is my Ravens may trade back with San Fran if Beckham or Cooks is available at #17, and I'd love to see us acquire more picks.

I think there will be more trading in the 1st round than usual. I think Houston wants to go down but still get Mack, so they can't go down too far. While everyone thinks Robinson is #2 to the Rams, I think they should take Watkins and hope to get Martin with their 2nd 1st round pick. Rumor is my Ravens may trade back with San Fran if Beckham or Cooks is available at #17, and I'd love to see us acquire more picks.

I keep seeing that the Ravens might take Ebron at 17, but I just don't buy it.

Cleveland probably takes Johnny Manziel at #4, but if I were a fan I'd probably hope for Watkins to still be there, take him, and then snag Bridgewater with the Colts pick later on.

On most of these draft preview shows, there is plenty of "happy talk". The exception was on ESPN the other day when someone had the Steelers picking Ebron. He lit into it saying "He can't block and the Steelers won't take a TE who can't block". He went on to say that he drops too many balls. Not only was the 6-time NFL executive of the year dumping on a Tarhole, but was the only hint of actual criticism I've seen in a long time.

The entire internet would crash if Jerry picked Johnny Football.

Jerry will EFF it up.

Kinda goes without saying. And now Ware's gone too. The football media always seems to talk about how talented the Cowboys are and about Romo's epoch fails. But how many of their players are above average players? Romo, Bryant, an aging Witten and Lee - is that the list? I keep saying Jerruh needs to fire his GM.

Ebron being hated on by everyone, which of course means my Bills will take him with the 9th pick :rulz:

Seflishly hope the Rams don't take Watkins, for Givens' sake.

Hopefully the Panthers can trade down and pick up some extra picks and still grab one of the needs in Late 1st, Early 2nd.

But I think it's gonna be somebody underwhelming like Davante Adams or Kouandjio

Who is Harris going to blame when he doesn't get drafted?

I keep seeing that the Ravens might take Ebron at 17, but I just don't buy it.

I believe Ebron to the Ravens is disinformation, especially after signing Pitta long term and picking up Daniels. If the Ravens can't find a trading partner, and Ha Ha is still there, I see him being the pick at 17. If he's gone, and they can't find a trading partner, you got me. On days 1 and 2, the positions I think they're going after are RT/LG, WR, S, DT and maybe RB. Then address CB, ILB, slot WR and back-up QB on day 3.

Seflishly hope the Rams don't take Watkins, for Givens' sake.

Hopefully the Panthers can trade down and pick up some extra picks and still grab one of the needs in Late 1st, Early 2nd.

But I think it's gonna be somebody underwhelming like Davante Adams or Kouandjio

Dumb. A great #1 WR could do wonders for Givens.

Dumb. A great #1 WR could do wonders for Givens.

You don't think Austin and Watkins would surpass him on the depth chart with both being top 10 picks?

If it weren't for Austin I'd agree with you, but they are going to push both of them hard to not only justify their draft positions, but also to finally bring something out of Bradford.

If Givens can't earn WR2, then he doesn't deserve it. Austin isn't a clear WR1 like Watkins projects.

Back