• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Barring injury, the following will be better than the Hornets:

Cavs
Celtics
Raptors
Heat
Bucks

That's all assuming the Wiz don't match or get nothing in a trade. If they retain him. add the Wiz.

The Sixers, if healthy, could be better than the Hornets.

The Hornets should make the playoffs, but they aren't very good.

I would bet my entire $400k/yr proctologist salary that the Hornets finish higher than the Sixers for at least the next three years.

Also is there any reason to think the Wiz won't match?

Hard to see the Hornets higher than 6-7 unless Dwight Howard stops being Dwight Howard and starts being a sane adult inhabiting Dwight Howard's body

I know it is summer league, but Bacon went for 29/8 with more strong defense. I really hope he can earn some real minutes.

ETA:

Last edited:
bacon was very lance stephenson-ish in that highlight vid, a comp i didn't expect from watching him at FSU

thick body... below the rim athleticism, but very effective driving with herky jerky moves and welcomes contact. even kind of similar mannerisms. hopefully he's not crazy and doesn't post the worst qualifying 3pt shooting year in NBA history with the Hornets

Woj is talking about Bacon so I'm taking this to mean he's going to be the GOAT

Back