• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Anyone think Cho signs someone worthwile at backup PG when the clock strikes midnight? Or are we sitting on the sideline watching everyone else?

big money gets signed first. hornets working on MLE and BAE will take a while bc dudes will try to get more first.

Bonnell seems convinced we'll go after MCW which means you can probably scratch him off the list of backup candidates

Bacon looks like a solid 2-way player in summer league. It would be huge if he could give us some unexpected additional athleticism on the wing off the bench. I thought he might make the roster as a filler, but without much hope for PT. If he could give us actual minutes it would be a massive help when the inevitable Lamb/MKG injuries hit. A Lamb Bacon combo would also be good for announcing purposes.

He is now a lock for the roster, so have to assume one or two of O'Bryant, Weber, or Graham is gone. O'Bryant stinks, but Clifford has always liked to carry three centers, so he may stick unless Frank will serve as the third 5. Roster would be:

Kemba
MKG
Batum
Marvin
D12
MCW
Monk
Lamb
Frank
Cody
Bacon
Weber
Graham

The way the East has been pillaged this week, I think that if healthy that roster can get us a 5-7 seed relatively easily, with a chance to be 3rd or 4th, especially if Otto Porter goes to the Nets.

Barring injury, the following will be better than the Hornets:

Cavs
Celtics
Raptors
Heat
Bucks

That's all assuming the Wiz don't match or get nothing in a trade. If they retain him. add the Wiz.

The Sixers, if healthy, could be better than the Hornets.

The Hornets should make the playoffs, but they aren't very good.

Bacon looks like a solid 2-way player in summer league. It would be huge if he could give us some unexpected additional athleticism on the wing off the bench. I thought he might make the roster as a filler, but without much hope for PT. If he could give us actual minutes it would be a massive help when the inevitable Lamb/MKG injuries hit. A Lamb Bacon combo would also be good for announcing purposes.

He is now a lock for the roster, so have to assume one or two of O'Bryant, Weber, or Graham is gone. O'Bryant stinks, but Clifford has always liked to carry three centers, so he may stick unless Frank will serve as the third 5. Roster would be:

Kemba
MKG
Batum
Marvin
D12
MCW
Monk
Lamb
Frank
Cody
Bacon
Weber
Graham

The way the East has been pillaged this week, I think that if healthy that roster can get us a 5-7 seed relatively easily, with a chance to be 3rd or 4th, especially if Otto Porter goes to the Nets.

Yeah, I've got it

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Wiz
4. Bucks
5. Hornets
6-15 is a total crap shoot.

How do the Hornets leapfrog the Raptors? They were 15 games behind them last year.

Yeah, I've got it

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Wiz
4. Bucks
5. Hornets
6-15 is a total crap shoot.

I have a hard time putting Cavs below the Celtics. I also have the Raptors in the top 5, with Hornets #6.

I have a hard time putting Cavs below the Celtics. I also have the Raptors in the top 5, with Hornets #6.

The Cavs were below the Celtics this year. You think they're going to go all out for the #1 seed this season?

How do the Hornets leapfrog the Raptors? They were 15 games behind them last year.

Their bench is going to stink. Losing Tucker and Patterson is a big deal without signing any replacements, and I don't think it is known what will happen with Joseph.

Same for the Wizards, and without Porter they will have some problems.

John Wall wants Porter back on the Wiz, but is he #GM Wall?

The Cavs were below the Celtics this year. You think they're going to go all out for the #1 seed this season?

Yeah, I bet LeBron takes a month long sabbatical this year. They don't care about the regular season while Boston needs home court.

Back