• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Scott Frost isn't going back to Nebraska, it isn't even a Top 25 job anymore. They no longer have access to Texas, which was a fertile recruiting area during their Big XII days. Moving to the Big 10 to be an after thought to O$U and Michigan was such a dumb move.

why doesn’t nebraska have access to texas? is there a wall?

Actually, according to ND fans on their board, he kept the starters in practically the whole game.

I think the fact we were facing our former DC, who probably knows our offense better than anyone DC we could face and he had really good talent to line up against us, the performance of our Dortchless offense was very encouraging. Going into the ND game the biggest question for me was how will the offense fair without Dortch and the offense performed very well.

When do we start arguing about what 2 loss team gets into the play-offs? I'm rooting for chaos down the stretch. Wiscy getting blown out in the Big 10 championship game. The TCU/OU loser winning a rematch in the Big 12 championship game. ND getting a second loss. Washington getting a second loss. UGa losing to Auburn and then the SEC game.

Be interesting to see if that happens. Iowa State controls their own destiny to make the Big 12 title tilt unless WVU runs the table (super unlikely -- they go @ KSt, vs Texas, @ OU). ISU still has to go to KSU but a win at home vs the Pokes this weekend would be a big step towards not having a OU-TCU rematch

Mop up points. I'm sure he put the back ups in earlier than against most teams. The game was over at 34-10.

Yeah, I have to concede that while it's great when anyone can execute effectively on offense like we did in a game, this performance was akin to Josh Harris running for over 200 yds against VPI in a game where they had 50 points at half time.

Our offense has looked great the last two weeks. Nd is playing for a position in the playoffs

why doesn’t nebraska have access to texas? is there a wall?

Lack of away games in Texas. Kids want their families and friends to be able to see them locally. Its why Miami and FSU aren't in the same divisions.

But I guess your retort had to do with me saying "no access" instead of limited access. But you knew what I mean. Back to your cage nerd.

People are complaining that we scored 79 points in the last two weeks against a good team and a national championship contender.

Lack of away games in Texas. Kids want their families and friends to be able to see them locally. Its why Miami and FSU aren't in the same divisions.

But I guess your retort had to do with me saying "no access" instead of limited access. But you knew what I mean. Back to your cage nerd.

pretty sure they aren't in the same division because the ACC figured they'd be in the Championship game most years. hence why for a while their regular season game was always the Monday night Labor Day game, which could give the loser enough time to work their way back into the ACCCG and BCS conversation.

People are complaining that we scored 79 points in the last two weeks against a good team and a national championship contender.

Not complaining, just saying half of them don't really matter.

Not complaining, just stating that most of it came when they were comfortably ahead. Your post, which I responded to, was a jab at Elko. Who I was defending, as his defense positioned them to be up 24 points midway through the 3rd.

Yeah, I have to concede that while it's great when anyone can execute effectively on offense like we did in a game, this performance was akin to Josh Harris running for over 200 yds against VPI in a game where they had 50 points at half time.

Not really in my opinion. If I remember correctly, Josh broke off a few big runs that made up most of that total. Against ND, it sounds like we moved the ball well for most of the game, Flutie commented on that. So, while I'm sure the ND defense wasn't as intense as it might be in a nail biter game, I think there is reason for encouragement by the performance of the offense.

Be interesting to see if that happens. Iowa State controls their own destiny to make the Big 12 title tilt unless WVU runs the table (super unlikely -- they go @ KSt, vs Texas, @ OU). ISU still has to go to KSU but a win at home vs the Pokes this weekend would be a big step towards not having a OU-TCU rematch

No they don't. Iowa State has two conference losses, compared to one for TCU and OU.

ETA: nvm, I am wrong. Obviously the #2 team will also make it.

My, how we've raised our standards and expectations

Not complaining, just saying half of them don't really matter.

#allpointsmatter

Not complaining, just stating that most of it came when they were comfortably ahead. Your post, which I responded to, was a jab at Elko. Who I was defending, as his defense positioned them to be up 24 points midway through the 3rd.

The offense positioned them to be up 17. The defense added 7. When you're trying to get into the CFB, it's pretty important to keep your foot on the throat of lesser opponents especially a common opponent of another contender.

Voters are probably going to compare how ND and the ACC Champ perform against ACC foes.

After the game I heard several groups of Notre Dame fans talking positively about us. Things like the best offense and quarterback they had seen all year. Second best team they had played all year. ND was trying to win by as much as possible.

No they don't. Iowa State has two conference losses, compared to one for TCU and OU.

ETA: nvm, I am wrong. Obviously the #2 team will also make it.

Yeah, one of them has to lose this weekend, by rule. And Iowa State beat them both

Not really in my opinion. If I remember correctly, Josh broke off a few big runs that made up most of that total. Against ND, it sounds like we moved the ball well for most of the game, Flutie commented on that. So, while I'm sure the ND defense wasn't as intense as it might be in a nail biter game, I think there is reason for encouragement by the performance of the offense.

If you believe the Josh Harris VPI rushing had nothing to do with the game being a laugher, let me turn it around with our 1987 game against Villanova. Halftime score was something like 35-3 Deacs. Final score was like 35-24. Did Villanova just "solve" our team at halftime? Or, as Coach Dooley said, "we just rolled our helmets onto the field" in the second half?

If you believe the Josh Harris VPI rushing had nothing to do with the game being a laugher, let me turn it around with our 1987 game against Villanova. Halftime score was something like 35-3 Deacs. Final score was like 35-24. Did Villanova just "solve" our team at halftime? Or, as Coach Dooley said, "we just rolled our helmets onto the field" in the second half?

When Josh broke off his first long run for the TD that made the game 14-7, hardly a laugher at that point. His 2nd long TD run (87 yards) was also in the first half and made it a 28-14 game, still not a laugher.

Last edited:
When Josh broke off his first long run for the TD that made the game 14-7, hardly a laugher at that point. His 2nd long TD run (87 yards) was also in the first half and made it a 28-14 game, still not a laugher.

That is one of Josh's two memorable games. The other was 2011 FSU. If you believe it was Josh rather than VPI, tell me where did he go for all but one other game in his career?

Back