• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

And that lost OOC game was @ UCF. Brutal sched.

Completely gave away that Tennessee game, may come back to haunt

Thank you Sparty and Hawkeyes for deflating two of the biggest egos in CFB.

Officials royally fuck up another great game with ou and osu. Just so sad.

And that lost OOC game was @ UCF. Brutal sched.

Completely gave away that Tennessee game, may come back to haunt

Gave away the Miami game as well. And the UVa game. GT had leads in all 3 of those games with less than 2 minutes left and blew all 3 of them.

Got our asses whipped by Clemson, but they are fucking good and that happens in Death Valley sometimes.

Officials royally fuck up another great game with ou and osu. Just so sad.

Just a bit of an overstatement. Didn't end up impacting the result at all.

Gave away the Miami game as well. And the UVa game. GT had leads in all 3 of those games with less than 2 minutes left and blew all 3 of them.

Got our asses whipped by Clemson, but they are fucking good and that happens in Death Valley sometimes.

Miami outgained yall by a country mile though. TN was the opposite. At the least you'd hope to win one of those

There will be at least 8 ranked teams that will lose this weekend.
I love it

This was GT’s first loss ATS. I think they were the only team without one until today.

Just a bit of an overstatement. Didn't end up impacting the result at all.

Miami outgained yall by a country mile though. TN was the opposite. At the least you'd hope to win one of those
Not an overstatement in the least. Officials need to stop fucking around with great games between great teams.

It only took 13 years, but Miami is finally headed to the ACCCG.

Next week looking nice with Auburn-Georgia, ND-Miami and TCU-Oklahoma, among others. Good thing b/c the week after there's nada

Not an overstatement in the least. Officials need to stop fucking around with great games between great teams.

They didn't "fuck up another great game" though. It was one play that in the end proved meaningless. Seems like looking for reasons to be #madonline

Brad Nessler is wrong on almost every other call. Gary is correcting him left and right. Bring back Verne.

Went to the State game and it was one of the most deflating losses I have seen in a while. The illegal shift against State was the end of the game... brutal way to lose.

At least the replay on TV shows it was a correct call. No telling what Pack Pride would be like if it wasn't.

They blamed the ACC for the loss anyways lol. You have to play through penalties but I am starting to think that Clemson is becoming the protected football brand of the ACC, similar to UNC and Fuke in basketball.

They blamed the ACC for the loss anyways lol. You have to play through penalties but I am starting to think that Clemson is becoming the protected football brand of the ACC, similar to UNC and Fuke in basketball.
Becoming?

OK, somebody beat Wisconsin. A CFP without the B1G would be LOVELY

Not really.

Last year's Big 10 entry: 2 Clemson 3 Ohio State 31–0

The year before that: 2 Alabama 3 Michigan State 38–0

B1G hasn't even scored the last two years. I would love to see the Badgers play in the playoff!

Not if you want someone to beat Bama and/or UGA.

Oh bullshit. The refs let them play for the most part. There was an insane amount of holding by the NCSU OL and secondary. Both sides could point to missed calls, but I've never seen such fucking babies. Doeren crying about a laptop, Chubb stealing our QB's towel multiple times, players saying they knew all week that they would have to beat the refs, a State staffer trying to smack the ball out of a Clemson player's hand, and fans spitting on the refs after the game...

Bottom line, we were so depleted in the secondary that we had to play a WR back there at times, and switch players around. You think Clemson wanted to play that soft coverage that allowed Finley to throw all day? State has a very experienced team, and was playing at home. The stars aligned perfectly, and State has nothing to show for it but a bunch of childish behavior and conspiracy theories. Louisville fans don't even whine as much as Pack fans. State didn't lose because the refs were protecting Clemson, they lost because Clemson beat them. They lost because Doeren has no balls and punted on fourth and one st the fifty yard line. They lost because Finley didn't let his receivers get set after an audible. Pack fans need to take the tinfoil hat off.

With everything that's come out at this point about college sports, you have to be dumb as shit to think conferences wouldn't try to protect certain teams. It's all crooked and it's all about money, and the ACC would stand to lose a lot of it if no one from the league makes the playoffs. The 3 soft PIs on third downs in the first half when Clemson was allowed to climb all over our receivers backs, calling a live play dead to then overturn a call without definitive evidence (this completely changed the field position for the rest of the second half, absolutely huge play), picking up a late hit penalty on the last drive for no reason, the call at the end. Clemson is very good and you're also going to have to beat them and the refs if an ACC team has a shot at beating them again this year. That's just the way it is. You can spout bullshit about missed calls on both sides but the fact of the matter is the penalties were 3 for 23 yards on Clemson and 6 for 69 on state.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.news.../acc/nc-state/state-now/article182858031.html

Just enjoy your new status as the protected kings of the ACC rather than crying about it. It was quite nice when we got every call against FSU this year

Back