• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

CPs career has been linked to natural disasters. He was drafted by NO right before Katrina. He arrived in Houston shortly before Harvey. Wasn’t there a big earthquake in southern CA sometime before he got to the Clippers?
He's going back to where it all started.

ArFTxiV.jpg

CPs career has been linked to natural disasters. He was drafted by NO right before Katrina. He arrived in Houston shortly before Harvey. Wasn’t there a big earthquake in southern CA sometime before he got to the Clippers?

There hasn't been a big earthquake in SoCal in 20 years.

Since 2012, the last time Westbrook and Harden played together, only 2 players have attempted at least 10,000 shots.

James Harden 10,520
Russell Westbrook 10,342

So, OKC has more multiple useless picks.

Useless is a strong word.

YEAR FIRST-ROUNDERS
2020: 2 (own; DEN)
2021: 2 (own; MIA; can swap w/HOU)
2022: 2 (own; LAC)
2023: 2 (own; MIA; can swap w/LAC)
2024: 3 (own; LAC; HOU)
2025: 1 (own; can swap with LAC/HOU)
2026: 3 (own; LAC; HOU)

Clips picks dont even hit till 2022 when Kawhi and George could possibly be gone. (even though I agree with you that there is a good chance they stay). Houston picks dont start until 2024. There is a real good chance the Rockets won't be good by then.

Even if none of those hit outside of the lottery, they can use them to flip for trades, or can draft decent players alongside their own lottery pick. They can then turn any of those young players into trades. Considering how good Presti is at turning shit into solid rosters, Im gonna goa head and say he will make good use of those picks

Westbrook has shot 29% from 3 the past 2 seasons, and his FT % went from 80% for his first 9 years to 74% and 65% the past 2 years. He's also averaging 5 turnovers a game. I'm guessing Paul is a better defender, and his game won't deteriorate much more from here.

But I think all the reports of Paul and Harden hating eachother, no one else wanting CP3, and at least Miami wanting Westbrook and being able to give up expiring contracts gave OKC all the #leverage.

rest in peace the chances of CP3 ever winning a title

Useless is a strong word.

YEAR FIRST-ROUNDERS
2020: 2 (own; DEN)
2021: 2 (own; MIA; can swap w/HOU)
2022: 2 (own; LAC)
2023: 2 (own; MIA; can swap w/LAC)
2024: 3 (own; LAC; HOU)
2025: 1 (own; can swap with LAC/HOU)
2026: 3 (own; LAC; HOU)

Clips picks dont even hit till 2022 when Kawhi and George could possibly be gone. (even though I agree with you that there is a good chance they stay). Houston picks dont start until 2024. There is a real good chance the Rockets won't be good by then.

Even if none of those hit outside of the lottery, they can use them to flip for trades, or can draft decent players alongside their own lottery pick. They can then turn any of those young players into trades. Considering how good Presti is at turning shit into solid rosters, Im gonna goa head and say he will make good use of those picks

Do you actually think Ballmer is going to let Kawhi or PG13 go?

The Miami pick could be good. Unless they are dealing with Phoenix or the Knicks or Cavs, who would give a lottery pick for two picks in the 20s? Who would give a star for two or three crap picks unless it's an expiring contract. Then, how many free agents want to play in OKC?

As to Presti's brilliance, for a few bucks more he could have kept Harden and likely won some chips with Harden, Russ, Ibaka and KD. He got nothing for KD. He got Adams (a nice player) for Harden, but that is way under Harden's value. The Ibaka trade was good, but none of those players are in OKC any longer nor is PG13 whom they were flipped for.

It's a shame Paul Allen died or he'd be on his way to OKC to buy and move the Thunder back where they belong in Seattle.

rest in peace the chances of CP3 ever winning a title

He's got plenty of years left. I could see him winning a championship as a backup on his next contract. I still wouldn't count out the Lakers pulling something to get him during the season.

Let's pause and appreciate what OKC has done here. They traded the two core players plus a starter of a 49 win #6 seed that got beat 4-1 in the 1st round of the playoffs. They got a 34 year PG who was the best of his generation and still a very good player, a 20/6 wing scorer, a promising young guard, 8 1st round picks, and 4 pick swaps for the next 7 drafts. I'm sure they'll make other moves, but the craziest thing is they've still got a decent lineup. It's probably not playoff caliber in the West, but it's not garbage.

Last edited:
They absolutely robbed the Clippers and yet it was still a good move for LA. NBA is crazy right now.

He's got plenty of years left. I could see him winning a championship as a backup on his next contract. I still wouldn't count out the Lakers pulling something to get him during the season.

Let's pause and appreciate what OKC has done here. They traded the two core players of a 49 win #6 seed that got beat 4-1 in the 1st round of the players plus a starter and got a 34 year PG who was the best of his generation and still a very good player, a 20/6 wing scorer, a promising young guard, 8 1st round picks, and 4 pick swaps for the next 7 drafts. I'm sure they'll make other moves, but the craziest thing is they've still got a decent lineup. It's probably not playoff caliber in the West, but it's not garbage.

I'm hearing CP3 should be out of OKC by early next week going to a city in the East that starts with "M".

They absolutely robbed the Clippers and yet it was still a good move for LA. NBA is crazy right now.

That's a good way to put it. We've never seen a players league like this. The top players have a crazy amount of power right now, yet the league is extremely healthy, franchises are making shit tons of $$$, and generating 24/7/365 interest due to player movement and speculation, not police reports. The quality of the game is fantastic and this season should have the most parity we've seen in decades. Adam Silver is doing good work.

The Thunder will now all but certainly keep their own protected picks in 2020 and 2022

Back