• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Exactly. If the Celtics had won, would people really be saying the Celtics were expected to win and it’s no big feat. Of course not. The narrative would be that they dethroned the King. So why does this seal Lebron’s GOAT status?

The Cavs minus Lebron are essentially the Celtics minus Tatum.

Weren’t we just talking last night about how many Celtics we would take after Lebron before the next Cav on the floor? At least 4 seemed to be the consensus.

I'd rather read this than listen to another MJ-Lebron debate. Because that's the only thing that the NBA media ever talks about. Because it is a dumb sport marketed to simple people.

One wonders why there isn't a soccer media?

Last edited:
Celtics choked in the second half, their offense was horrible. That being said, LeBron's performances this post season have been proof he is the best player in the NBA.

Weren’t we just talking last night about how many Celtics we would take after Lebron before the next Cav on the floor? At least 4 seemed to be the consensus.

Yeah but it isn’t a massive gap. Not enough to be like “OMG I can’t believe Lebron beat the mighty Celtics!”

I don’t think anyone is saying that. The gap between Horford and the next best Cavs player that played last night is a chasm.

Horford was offset by Love most of the series.

Celtics choked in the second half, their offense was horrible. That being said, LeBron's performances this post season have been proof he is the best player in the NBA.

They had trouble scoring all season at #20 and was #21 in FG%.

That doesn't change the fact that Lebron has a bunch of scrubs and is in the Finals again.

BTW, punk move by Kyrie in having nasal surgery rather than being there for Game 7. It could have been done later in the week. He turned his back on his teammates.

They had trouble scoring all season at #20 and was #21 in FG%.

That doesn't change the fact that Lebron has a bunch of scrubs and is in the Finals again.

By "again," you mean for 8th straight season, and then add in these stats:

http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/i...traight-nba-finals-berth-deserves-appreciated

"James has won six straight Game 7s over the past 10 years, two of them on the road. He has won seven of the past eight elimination games he's been in, including three this postseason. And he has now come from 2-0 down to win a series three times in his career. That has happened only 20 times in seven-game series in NBA history."

"That he played all 48 minutes in a playoff game for the first time since 2006, when he was 21 years old. That in the fourth quarter he made 4 of 6 shots, had three rebounds and four assists after he'd played 3,757 minutes this season, more than anyone else in the entire association."

Baller

I’m as anti-Lebron as they come, but if you aren’t supremely impressed he made the finals this year, you’re going out of your way to be a hater.

His supporting cast sucks. They were a 4 seed.

Honestly, I was surprised they got by the Pacers after their way that series started.

Back