• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Russ gave a great speech.

By the way, 6 major awards. 3 nominees each. Only 4 nominees from the East, Giannis, Spo, Embiid, and Saric. A true star, a coach and two rookies.

I know I keep harping on it but man, that is horrible.

I think you missed Brogdon, but point still made.

I think Harden has experience playing off the ball (OKC) and Chris would like to play more off the ball to save his body.

I don't think either are effective without the ball. Chris is a good 3 point shooter, but not sure he is a knockdown shooter off the ball. Harden gets a ton of points off free throws, so not sure if he can be as productive off ball. Almost need to stagger their minutes.

looks like Houston is trying to dump Ryan Anderson NOW for room. Meaning are they in the market for PG13 or Hayward?

I think you missed Brogdon, but point still made.

Maybe it's my east coast bias, but I always lump in the Bucks with the Western Conference. Still you suck when your #6 seed is bringing home the hardware for your conference.

I don't think either are effective without the ball. Chris is a good 3 point shooter, but not sure he is a knockdown shooter off the ball. Harden gets a ton of points off free throws, so not sure if he can be as productive off ball. Almost need to stagger their minutes.

Chris played 31 MPG last season, Harden 36. Can stagger them to the poin where they're only on the floor together for 20 minutes.

looks like Houston is trying to dump Ryan Anderson NOW for room. Meaning are they in the market for PG13 or Hayward?
Looks like it.... Their reddit board seems to think they'll target Millsap in FA too

When does adding a top 15 player not make sense? Positions matter less and less in today's NBA. You need as many great players as possible.

Looks like it.... Their reddit board seems to think they'll target Millsap in FA too

That makes more sense, given they have Ariza for $7MM, and per Zach Lowe, CP still loves him some Ariza.

Paul/Harden/Ariza/Millsap/Capela? Their first 3 match up with GSW pretty damn well.

Chris played 31 MPG last season, Harden 36. Can stagger them to the poin where they're only on the floor together for 20 minutes.

Yeah. It will be easy to rest one during the season as well. Houston has a good "problem" to have.

This is a nice lineup and should improve their chances to get that #2 spot.

Clearly CP3 doesn't really care about that ring. If they add Carmelo, that team is gonna be a train wreck.

Yeah. It will be easy to rest one during the season as well. Houston has a good "problem" to have.

I mean if you have CP3 or Harden as PG on your 2nd unit, you have the 2nd best 2nd unit in the game.

Maybe it's my east coast bias, but I always lump in the Bucks with the Western Conference. Still you suck when your #6 seed is bringing home the hardware for your conference.

It's likely to be Melo or PG13.

Holy shit Ryan Anderson makes $20mm a year???

if they can maneuver Blake or Millsap taking over for Anderson, that starting lineup (CP3/Harden/Ariza/Blake/Capela) would be insane. if that doesn't beat the warriors outright, it's at least taking them to 7, right?

Back