• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

If Melo and/or Wade gets bought out, they're going to Houston too

i don't think any remaining moves they could realistically make gets them equal to the warriors, but i think if the rockets get another star they're in range of 1 injury to the big 3 of the warriors leading to opportunity. the warriors are so good that's basically where we are.

unless two teams offer godfather offers for Livingston and Igouldala just to fuck over the warriors.

So, which team has their contracts lined up to make the room?

Clippers?

i was gonna say knicks and the 3 that are on 1 year deals can just join melo and looked at their salaries and OH GOD THE JO NOAH CONTRACT IS SO BAD

Looks like Sixers/Chicago/Sacramento. Team up with the BIG TICKET.

Robin Lopez is the only guy on the Bulls roster signed after next year, and he's a guy I'm sure the banana boat crew wouldn't mind having around/Easy to trade.

Talent > fit

I think the fit concerns are overstated. Defense might be a problem. Without knowing the salary situation, finding a good bench might be a problem.

Yeah the 2 "ball dominant guards narrative is a stretch".

Harden and Chris had usage rates similar to Derozan and Lowry respectively last year. Steph, KD, and Klay all had usage rates higher than Chris's and managed to co-exist.

McCollum/Lilliard and Gordon/Booker are also two backcourts that are as ball dominant or more than Harden/Paul would be.

Also CP3 shot 49% on spot up 3's last year.

Last edited:
i mean it'll work but the ball-dominant thing wasn't a stretch. Harden had the ball in his hand for the #1 most amount of time in the NBA last year, and CP was #7 in the NBA while playing 5mpg less than Harden.

Who is Gordon in the Gordon/Booker? I don't think I saw a Suns game all year. I thought they had Knight/Bledsoe.

It puts a lot of stress on the defense to have two guys who can have the ball in their hands like that.

i mean it'll work but the ball-dominant thing wasn't a stretch. Harden had the ball in his hand for the #1 most amount of time in the NBA last year, and CP was #7 in the NBA while playing 5mpg less than Harden.

Harden isn't an alpha personality. He's a Robin. This takes the pressure off him. Paul will shield him from the slamming he got in the elimination game for giving up. Will work fine. Chris already likes jogging up and being off the ball and taking plays off when someone like Jamal Crawford is playing with him.

Harden isn't an alpha personality. He's a Robin. This takes the pressure off him. Paul will shield him from the slamming he got in the elimination game for giving up. Will work fine. Chris already likes jogging up and being off the ball and taking plays off when someone like Jamal Crawford is playing with him.

sure, i'm buying it can work. what it sounds like is they talked to each other and were both like, man it was exhausting playing like that, we both we're wrung out during elimination games in the playoffs, since we can both shoot let's just split running the offense duties while the other play off ball.

If Harden doesn't play D, Chris will tear him a new one. and won't stop until Harden plays D.

Some people need the motivation to come from outside themselves to perform at their highest level.

Reading is fundamental.

Those are two polar opposite statements. Juice is talking about when Houston has the ball. My statement is about when Houston is playing D.

You can't get any more different than that.

It seems you should learn that Reading Is Fundamental.

Then phrase your flighty thought better, instead of making it sound like a direct response to that post you quoted.

It's obvious that it's the flip side of the coin. Well, it would be if RJKARL hadn't posted it.

Those are two polar opposite statements. Juice is talking about when Houston has the ball. My statement is about when Houston is playing D.

You can't get any more different than that.

It seems you should learn that Reading Is Fundamental.

You quoted a statement that was not what he was talking about to make the same point you've posted multiple times.

Back