• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Non NBA donk here. So CP just picks up the 1 year option and gets traded right? So Rockets trade for a 1 year rental and hope they can get George or whoever and get him to stay next year? Otherwise CP is free to go to banana boating after that right?
Yeah but I think CP had to have told Houston that he'd sign a long term deal after this season. By him opting in on his current deal and getting traded, Houston gets the rights to sign him to the Super 5-year deal that only the team re-signing a player can get.

Yeah but whatever he told them is not binding --- its just a wink handshake at best.

Im just wondering if he tells his family that he is gonna go hang in Houston for a year and then be back with LBJ with LAL in a year. Maybe also Wade on the league minimum at that point. Keep the kids in school, stay in same house.

unless things go horribly wrong i would expect him to resign. he's no carlos boozer or derek fischer.

It wouldnt be something going horribly wrong, just a better opportunity. I understand the financial ramifications, but if he gets a banana boat offer tp play with his hommies, where everyone is agreeing to all take less to take down the Warriors, that would be hard to turn down.

True but if the rockets do move Ryan Anderson then they'll have a wide open roster and checkbook to sign everybody next summer

This move gives them tons of flexibility

Wouldn't be insane to get a one year rental on Paul George too and see what happens

The banana boat crew doesn't really come close to taking down the Warriors, imo.

I wonder which will happen first. Spurs move LMA or Rockets move Ryan Anderson?

Rox gotta move Anderson for CP3 to remain CP3.

19598756_1429947383768305_7746734628710841562_n.png

19553992_1429925760437134_8693457137149232060_n.png

19598593_1428927153870328_5021801341835137572_n.jpg

19437280_1429918257104551_8265032225856941289_n.png

The banana boat crew doesn't really come close to taking down the Warriors, imo.

Maybe not this years Warriors, but the 2019 warriors will be missing Iggy and maybe one more big piece. They cant pay everybody.

I think Lebron CP3, Carmello or Lebron CP3, and George on an team comes way closer than Lebron Kyrie and Love.

You're right

If the Rockets can find someone to sort of contain KD then it's a good series. That's actually why I thought the Spurs were a good fit since Danny Green and Kawhi are lock down defenders.

But maybe I'm underestimating the matchup zone schemes of Jeff Bzfuckface

BTW, Paul and Lebron are both 32. Melo is 33. Aging expected to continue.

I'm interested to see what a Mike D'Antoni offense can do w/ CP3 and Harden.

They clearly still have some work to do w/ the roster, but has potential to be fun.

Bill Simmons used to talk about having a press-only bench squad. Would be interesting to see if the Rockets can put together a bench unit that played to D'Antoni's offense a little more by the book and then dialed back with the superstar lineup for the 1st and 4th quarters.

Clips refused to give CP the 5th year of the max and Chris was still salty Doc didn't trade Jamal, Rivers and Pierce for Melo and Sasha.

wow if doc really refused to trade for melo mainly because he son was in the package... lol that is the chefkissyfingers.jpg of bad gm-ing. that can't be true.

Yeah but I think CP had to have told Houston that he'd sign a long term deal after this season. By him opting in on his current deal and getting traded, Houston gets the rights to sign him to the Super 5-year deal that only the team re-signing a player can get.

Isn't there an age limit on being able to sign that 5 year? (Can't be 38 in the last year or something). Does he fail that test

Also, no way they refused a 5th year , doc ain't thinking 5 years ahead

Isn't there an age limit on being able to sign that 5 year? (Can't be 38 in the last year or something). Does he fail that test

cp and lebron changed it to 38 from 36 during the last cba negotiation. next year is the last year he can still get the 5 year megamax. financially CP has played this perfectly if he takes the 5 year next year in texas.

Back