• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Also, no way they refused a 5th year , doc ain't thinking 5 years ahead

this is like you can't quit, because you're fired!

i kinda feel the same way about how the spurs "sources" are all like "we already have tony parker who was already declining rapidly and whose right leg just exploded"

this is like you can't quit, because you're fired!

i kinda feel the same way about how the spurs "sources" are all like "we already have tony parker who was already declining rapidly and whose right leg just exploded"

Nah. I made similar points over the last few weeks. I want the Spurs to go young. Maybe bring in a veteran backup to replace Mills, but that's it.

but equating CP to tony parker at this stage is straight lunacy. it would have dumb even if parker didn't just have a massive injury.

Nobody is equating CP to Tony Parker. The Spurs don't want to have $50M invested in two old PGs in a league that's going to be flush with young PGs including the possible PG of the future in Murray.

Jeff Goodman: Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul, source told ESPN. Already have an aging point guard in Tony Parker.

tough to tell for sure if the second sentence is just Goodman opining or the rationale from the source. i assume it's from the source and it reads extremely salty.

they could've waive-stretched TP and faced a hit of 5mm per for 3 years. the major plus dejounte murray seems to have going for him is that he's so young you can't say if he's good or bad yet.

Paul has churned out six seasons in a row that are all along the top 30 or so individual seasons ever played by a point guard.

I know he's 32 but he hasn't shown any sign of slowing down.

Murray isn't good yet. He's promising. The Spurs don't have a window except maybe for Pop. They aren't going to beat the Warriors unless the current young players end up being very good anyway. Better to see if they pay off on cheap deals than to throw a lot of money at Paul or another big FA.

Oh hey! Haters are hating!

You're right

If the Rockets can find someone to sort of contain KD then it's a good series. That's actually why I thought the Spurs were a good fit since Danny Green and Kawhi are lock down defenders.

But maybe I'm underestimating the matchup zone schemes of Jeff Bzfuckface

Obviously there aren't many guys in the league that can do that, but that is essentially why the Rockets keep Trevor Ariza around.

I think I saw some numbers that suggested Ariza's defense deteriorated last year, tho.

We need Paul George.

Plus Ariza is much, much shorter than KD. He can't cover him.

So buckets and CP3 both seem to hate Doc and Austin Rivers

9cada79c3540aeb4a320bc29b1723581.jpg

Ouch. That's hilarious.

This rumor that Doc declined a Melo/Sasha for Rivers/Crawford/Pierce trade is still blowing my mind.

That can't be true.

Back