• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

hmm, get a useless year of paul george on a middling team, or three years of jae crowder + two years of marcus smart + a back end first rounder

yeah lol garbage trade offer

We could have used Josh Howard, too. Josh and Tyler each would have had the same Wake eligibility last season.

Blake to Phoenix? He apparently likes it there, who wouldn't?

They have a nice core of young guys, real nice:

PG Bledsoe/Ullis
SG Booker/*Davon Reed (our old pal from Miami)
SF Warren/*Alec Peters (he's got range)
PF *Josh Jackson/Marquese Chriss
C Alan Williams (impressive defensively at 6'8/260); and underachiever Alex Len.

I guess you slide Warren to 6th man and Josh Jackson up to the SF, if they add Blake.

Chriss and Williams put up some stats, in a losing effort.

Not sure they can re-sign Williams.

Everybody wants to stay out West, and not go East.

Blake to Phoenix? He apparently likes it there, who wouldn't?

They have a nice core of young guys, real nice:

PG Bledsoe/Ullis
SG Booker/*Davon Reed (our old pal from Miami)
SF Warren/*Alec Peters (he's got range)
PF *Josh Jackson/Marquese Chriss
C Alan Williams (impressive defensively at 6'8/260); and underachiever Alex Len.

I guess you slide Warren to 6th man and Josh Jackson up to the SF, if they add Blake.

Chriss and Williams put up some stats, in a losing effort.

Not sure they can re-sign Williams.

Everybody wants to stay out West, and not go East.

Who wouldn't like it there? Well, it is under 110 for the first day in a while. Phoenix has that going for it.

BTW, Josh Jackson is much closer to being a SG than a PF.

the "rj doesn't get the joke" thing has gone into overdrive over the last week or so I think

Who wouldn't like it there? Well, it is under 110 for the first day in a while. Phoenix has that going for it.

BTW, Josh Jackson is much closer to being a SG than a PF.

Yeah I'm conflicted with where to put Jackson, due to lack of jump shot.

So where is Woj on the Twitter now that he's at ESPN? No tweets today from his account...

marc stein reporting spurs are going to offer simmons "in the 9m range."

So where is Woj on the Twitter now that he's at ESPN? No tweets today from his account...

not tweeting news again until he's officially under ESPN contract which coincides with FA start at midnight tonight.

RC Buford unexpectedly went to LA today. Now reports indicating hes meeting with iguadala at 12:01.

Talk about underwhelming. Need to develop younger talent. Not take a bunch of old guys at high salaries (I'm looking at you pau) that could lose their productivity at any moment. At least it hurts the warriors though... a little.

Also dubs rumored to be interested in dedmon. He'll look pretty good for them. For some reason got in pop's doghouse and pop barely played him in the play offs. He was one of the few that actually tried when on the court in the finals.

RC Buford unexpectedly went to LA today. Now reports indicating hes meeting with iguadala at 12:01.

Talk about underwhelming. Need to develop younger talent. Not take a bunch of old guys at high salaries (I'm looking at you pau) that could lose their productivity at any moment. At least it hurts the warriors though... a little.

Also dubs rumored to be interested in dedmon. He'll look pretty good for them. For some reason got in pop's doghouse and pop barely played him in the play offs. He was one of the few that actually tried when on the court in the finals.

Iggy will be an awesome rotation player for the Spurs and he's evidently a great locker room guy. I'm not sure what your issue is, but he's about 200000000x better than Danny Green on his best night and y'all need talent.

it's not that he's a bad player. its just that he is on the wrong side of his prime. he's not that much better than green. they have similar numbers.
iggy is far better near the basket and a better passer over all. iggy has been able to guard bigger players. green is still a great defender from 1 - 3. better than iggy but he would have more difficulty against a bigger/stronger guy like lebron.

green
26 min
39%
37.9%
84%
3 rebs
1.8 asst
1 to
1 stl
.8 blk

iguodala
26 min
53%
36%
70%

mostly i would just prefer to get younger and more talent but they are in a tough place. try and overhaul too much and you risk kawhi's prime. but taking on older players that may not have much left in the tank has risks going up against golden state with 4 all stars all in their prime.

Back