• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was because there were different academic and eligibility standards in FCS vs FBS
so the concern is that a program is going to load up on guys that would be ineligble in FBS prior to their move from FCS, have them grandfathered in as eligible, and compete with an unfair advantage for the duration of those players' tenure?

I don’t understand the NCAA’s reasoning behind a post-season moratorium for teams like JMU

how does prohibiting participation in the post-season “ensure schools are properly evaluating their long-term sustainability”?
My guess would be that they think that if they make a bowl game in their first seasons a new FBS team would get caught up in the hype and excitement and think that they have already established a winning program.

It is dumb but that's my best guess as to their reasoning.

My guess would be that they think that if they make a bowl game in their first seasons a new FBS team would get caught up in the hype and excitement and think that they have already established a winning program.

It is dumb but that's my best guess as to their reasoning.
Did App have to go through the post season ban when they moved up, I can't remember?

Did App have to go through the post season ban when they moved up, I can't remember?
They were ineligible for 2 years during the transition. But then played in a bowl every year until last year when they didn't have enough FBS wins to qualify.

T-24 hours until Harbaugh speaks. Under oath.

“I’m going to talk on Friday,” Harbaugh said Monday, via ESPN.com. “I’m just looking forward to that opportunity -- due process. I’m not looking for special treatment, not looking for a popularity contest, just looking for the merit of what the case is.”

Unless you all want Fox's Harbaugh cam from his hotel.

I don’t understand the NCAA’s reasoning behind a post-season moratorium for teams like JMU

how does prohibiting participation in the post-season “ensure schools are properly evaluating their long-term sustainability”?
If they didn't make teams wait a certain number of years to be post-season eligible, then a bunch more FCS teams would try jumping to the FBS when they have no business doing so, and end up crawling back to FCS or severely damaging the sustainability of their FB program. It should probably be done on a sliding scale, as a team like JMU has clearly demonstrated they are FBS-ready this year (and based on their last 5-10 years of FCS results), but the NCAA wants to make everyone wait the same amount of time.

Is Harbaugh even going to take the stand/give a speech? I figured he would just be there.

Is Harbaugh even going to take the stand/give a speech? I figured he would just be there.

dave-chappelle-plead.gif

Liberty and JMU are less than 100 miles apart, both are undefeated and neither will get the NY6 Invite (and neither has played anyone this year). They should play each other for the Commonwealth Championship.

Would like to understand how Mike Houston did so well at JMU (37-6; an FCS Title and FCS runner up); go to ECU, have more scholarships to offer, a larger budget and recruit in the same regional area, and ECU has collapsed as a program (they are 1-8 this year), while JMU has transitioned to FBS, and is now miles ahead of ECU as a football program. Decent chance Houston gets canned this year (23-32 in year 5 at ECU).

Liberty and JMU are less than 100 miles apart, both are undefeated and neither will get the NY6 Invite (and neither has played anyone this year). They should play each other for the Commonwealth Championship.

Would like to understand how Mike Houston did so well at JMU (37-6; an FCS Title and FCS runner up); go to ECU, have more scholarships to offer, a larger budget and recruit in the same regional area, and ECU has collapsed as a program (they are 1-8 this year), while JMU has transitioned to FBS, and is now miles ahead of ECU as a football program. Decent chance Houston gets canned this year (23-32 in year 5 at ECU).
ECU has always been a curious program to me, good support and facilities I've heard, seems like they should be one of the better G5 programs, but just can't seem to get back to some of their glory days in the 80's and 90's. I remember how big a win it was for us in Grobie's first game at Wake when we played at ECU.

Last edited:
Question: Don’t bowl games fall outside of NCAA rules/oversight these days? If so, then why can’t a bowl say screw you to the NCAA and take James Madison.

Last edited:
Back