• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold up, so SOS doomed undefeated FSU but Liberty has an incredibly weak SOS and they got in over SMU who only lost to two P5 programs?

Oh and three teams Wake beat last season are in NY6 bowls this season.

Last edited:
To you and all the FSU faithful, I’m sorry man, you got screwed.
Thanks man. It sucks but definitely not end of the world. While I don’t see the need of playing Uga in OB, I don’t believe in a mythical championship and although I live near it, I’m not gonna storm the cfb hall of fame. I never even said we were best four. I just hated the politicking, inconsistencies and denigration of what has been a good comeback by fsu. It wasn’t that long ago that we had our coach leave for tamu and after all the years of hearing sec fans and finebaum hate him, I had to listen how great he was (which he wasnt) all while we were in a huge fn hole he put us in. Then we began this season hearing how we should have hired Deion when the key piece is story where he didn’t have a degree was reason was omitted.

So we get to today and the committee puts us 5th so they can create a production and suspense for espn and capture all those sad faces and now embraces us playing UGA in the OB after saying yesterday they didn’t wanna see fsu get killed by UGA, Bama, etc.

Finallly, I love the ACC, The 8 and 9 team ACC and although, i understand the nervousness of the FSU, I hated what happened in the preseason especially the timing and I don’t blame a small yet elite, private school like Wake who has had to fight, claw and scratch for everything they accomplish for hating FSU and being annoyed and although I suffered with you a majority of my life, I guess today was a reminder of what it felt like. I just pray when the time comes again and it’s a Wake, Duke, Hell Army, they don’t get screwed out of the actual playoffs cause that would suck more than this does.

Here's the statement by FSU's AD:
"The consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment are destructive, far reaching, and permanent. Not just for Florida State, but college football as a whole."

"The argument of whether a team is the 'most deserving OR best' is a false equivalence. It renders the season up to yesterday irrelevant and significantly damages the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff. The 2023 Florida State Seminoles are the epitome of a total TEAM. To eliminate them from a chance to compete for a national championship is an unwarranted injustice that shows complete disregard and disrespect for their performance and accomplishments. It is unforgiveable."

"The fact that this team has continued to close out victories in dominant fashion facing our current quarterback situation should have ENHANCED our case to get a playoff berth EARNED on the field. Instead, the committee decided to elevate themselves and 'make history' today by departing from what makes this sport great by excluding an undefeated Power 5 conference champion for the first time since the advent of the BCS/CFP era that began 25 years ago. This ridiculous decision is a departure from the competitive expectations that have stood the test of time in college football." "Wins matter. Losses matter. Those that compete in the arena know this. Those on the committee who also competed in the sport and should have known this have forgotten it. Today, they changed the way success is assessed in college football, from a tangible metric - winning on the field - to an intangible, subjective one. Evidently, predicting the future matters more."

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field."

"Our players, coaches, and fans - as well as all those who love this sport - deserve better. The committee failed college football today."

Last edited:
So what’s your alternative?
Set a criteria in stone based on wins and losses instead of this eye-test, subjective bull shit. DeacinBama did a good job explaining it this morning.

The “best” teams are

Michigan
Georgia
Ohio State
Alabama

Washington isn’t even the best team on the West Coast. Oregon would be favored over them, again, on a neutral field. Eventually they’d win! But neither of those teams are as good as the four listed.

Set a criteria in stone based on wins and losses instead of this eye-test, subjective bull shit. DeacinBama did a good job explaining it this morning.

Great. Wins and losses. So UCF was screwed in 2017?

As long as you have a limited number of teams playing uneven schedules this is going to happen. No “system” or metric fixes it. Expanded playoffs mitigates it because no one cares about team 12/13

The “best” teams are

Michigan
Georgia
Ohio State
Alabama

Washington isn’t even the best team on the West Coast. Oregon would be favored over them, again, on a neutral field. Eventually they’d win! But neither of those teams are as good as the four listed.
These are the best four based on what? Bama is the only one of those that played a solid OOC opponent…and they lost. Any other argument is circular. Michigan is good because they beat Ohio State. Ok, why is Ohio State good? Because they played Michigan close.

These are the best four based on what? Bama is the only one of those that played a solid OOC opponent…and they lost. Any other argument is circular. Michigan is good because they beat Ohio State. Ok, why is Ohio State good? Because they played Michigan close.
ND is not a solid OOC opponent?

The “best” teams are

Michigan
Georgia
Ohio State
Alabama

How many more fucking times does UW need to beat Oregon before people will accept they are the better team?

Back