• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is…I think Bama beats Michigan. Which will then allow the Committee to say well, we got that one right.

I

I get the beef for sure but all the butthurt quotes from washed FSU QBs is gonna ruin any sense of sympathy. Ponder, Kanell, Weatherford - its an entire fucking toolbox.
The only thing I’m looking forward to as a result of this, is hearing Kanell whine tomorrow on XM radio, even though I’m probably going to agree with what he’s saying.

I've been away from all news today.

Just found out that two 1-loss teams got in over an undefeated Florida State. I can't explain how stupid and atrocious this decision is. YOU PLAY THE GAMES THAT ARE PUT IN FRONT OF YOU.

You shouldn't be rewarded for losing early in the season.

You shouldn't be rewarded for what people "think" you can do, you should be rewarded for what you DID.

Florida State beat every team they faced. Alabama and Texas did not.

It's bullshit that these yahoos can't even get the right teams in after getting rid of the ridiculous BCS.

It's all political and it's all a bunch of absolutel dog shit.

I figured the fight would be for #4 after Michigan/Washington/FSU....but noooooooooooooo.....GOTTA BE ALABAMA. I swear to god if Alabama had been a 1-loss team behind an undefeated LSU who played an undefeated Georgia in the SECCG, the committee would still find a way to get them in over either the loser of the SECCG or over both of them.

They think the people want to see Alabama win, but in reality we're all "over" Alabama and their elitist "get in no matter what" bullshit.

All the 12-team Playoff will do is let them justify this even more by giving Alabama the higher seed over an undefeated team in this kind of scenario by saying "Well, we still let FSU in, but Alabama looked better so we ranked them #4 out of 12 and FSU #6 out of 12...so at least FSU is still in it, you can't fault us for that argument"

Alabama will be statistically the 5th best defense Michigan faced this season.

Shit if Wake played in the Big 10, they'd be a defensive juggernaut too.

Bama beats Michigan. Texas beats UW.

Bama vs Texas rematch, this time in Houston for all the marbles. Texas wins again. OU national champs by the transitive property, hangs banner 70 years from now.

If Florida State refuses to play in the Orange bowl, I wonder what the ACC would have to say about that. They’d be passing up a significant chunk of money which would hurt all the schools in the conference. I’m assuming they’d be contractually prohibited from harming the conference like this. The very fact there’s significant chatter about them not playing makes me even more sure of my own view that I don’t give two shits about them being left out. Fuck them. I am going to be on Georgia.

ESPN is run by a bunch of morons. It’s why they are hemorrhaging money. The playoff ratings keep dropping. They will keep dropping more and more as people realize their team never has a chance. The ratings will be even lower when/if the Big 10 and SEC split off. Most of the country does not root for a school in one of those two conferences. If your school isn’t at least playing at the same level of competition then why would you watch?

They really could’ve used this to hype the 12 team playoff too. They could’ve said, this is the limitation of the 4 team playoff, that with only 4 spots we have to take an undefeated P5 champ, even though a few other teams might be favored over them without their QB. However, next year there will be room for all those teams. No, they didn’t do that, they caved to the pressure of the SEC and Greg Stankey and decided their opinions should mean more than what teams have earned on the field.

If Florida State refuses to play in the Orange bowl, I wonder what the ACC would have to say about that. They’d be passing up a significant chunk of money which would hurt all the schools in the conference. I’m assuming they’d be contractually prohibited from harming the conference like this. The very fact there’s significant chatter about them not playing makes me even more sure of my own view that I don’t give two shits about them being left out. Fuck them. I am going to be on Georgia.
If FSU refuses to play in the OB wouldn’t the ACC just give Louisville the bid?

I sincerely hope that if FSU beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl and either Texas or Alabama win the CFP* that some newspapers, Coaches and other associations/organizations that pick final rankings or award National Champion awards give it to FSU....they'd be the only undefeated team left (unless Liberty beats Oregon).

Plus, they would have beaten Georgia, which apparently is the only thing that matters. So that should be the justification for it. I hope if FSU beats UGA that they hang a National Championship banner.

I honestly think that should be the case.

If you would have told me all of the details of the season and then said "One of these two scenarios happened: Either Texas and Alabama were picked #3/#4 OR FSU and Georgia were picked #3/#4" I think I would (and most everyone would) think it would be more likely that the latter happened. Of course the jaded ones that understand that nothing about College Football matters except for money would probably pick that Michigan, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State would have been in the CFP.

You'll likely get your wish, as Liberty's schedule this year was a joke. Oregon should kill them.

Any Oregon player that hopes to go to the NFL Draft this year would be an absolute idiot if they played in this game, so Liberty may have a chance....their QB is good and I hear that Quinton Cooley kid is pretty good at RB too.

I’m honestly surprised they didn’t squeeze Georgia in there too

It just occurred to me that Liberty got the NY6 bowl over SMU because it would be a complement embarrassment to end the season with either three undefeated teams or a one loss champ and two undefeated teams.

Some are doing admirable (and I'm being sincere) jobs arguing your points for FSU and other scenarios. But, Alabama/UGA winner was a lock and once Bama came into the picture, Texas had to be included. Bama winning blew up their neat and tidy plan. That left FSU on the curb.

It's money, power and politics.

Back