• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Holy shit, man. Talking politics with redneck teenagers is the greatest thing ever. We've devolved into an Area 51 discussion now and how Trump is just gonna say fuck everything and release all the classified information about aliens on his last day in office. I kinda hope they're right.

Not posting the video directly because its violence/shooting, but this reddit thread with embedded video is the clearest view of the woman getting shot.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...est_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/

Looks like the area was the area in which the politicians were gathering/being evacuated from, which included VP and VP-elect. Unknown who was in the room directly behind the agent that fired the shot. The doors were barricaded with some smashed glass, a large crowd was on the other side, the woman attempts to hop through the smashed glass and enter the corridor, as she does the office fires a single shot. The crowd begins to freak out like they couldn't understand why someone just got shot. What is ridiculous is there is a significant amount of police within the large crowd, with long guns, not doing anything.

Darwinism. You can read the girls twitter page to realize she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but the girl had a death wish.

One of a million impossibly dumb elements to this that I can't wrap my head around is that Trump built the entire "The election is rigged!" narrative in 2016...and then he won. Now, somehow it's unfathomable that a %1 shift happened in swing states over the course of his horrendous reign ON TOP of drastically increased voter turnout.

Trump has now lost the most scrutinized, validated and cross examined mass democratic election in the history of mass democratic elections anywhere in the world. And that's still not enough for some idiots, apparently 100+ of which have been elected to congress.

Yep. Even in GA, Trump’s percentage only dropped from 50.44% to 49.24%. Trump actually increased his percentage of the vote in AZ.

Imagine a football team upset Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin by less than a FG and went on the road to beat Arizona by 4 and Georgia by a TD. Then the next year, they lost to those same opponents. If their fans claimed it was rigged, everyone would think they were crazy.

I would really be afraid to see an approval poll right now. I bet his approval ratings among republicans is surely still above 70%

While it would be deserved, the 25th amendment will not be invoked and Trump will not be impeached.

With that said, there will be more resignations in the administrations, and details will continue to leak about what a complete nut-job Trump is (realizing its hard to fathom anything worse that what is already known). FWIW, after the election, stories will continue to come out about how those that were close Trump stayed in the administration to limit the damage that Trump was doing.

Biden will be President in less than two weeks. The focus is going to shift away from political sideshows and to the transition.

What exactly is the point of the 25th amendment?

Holy shit, man. Talking politics with redneck teenagers is the greatest thing ever. We've devolved into an Area 51 discussion now and how Trump is just gonna say fuck everything and release all the classified information about aliens on his last day in office. I kinda hope they're right.

If that happens, will you get me a copy of my birth certificate? Thanks.

A lot of the talking heads are laying the blame on the Capital Police and how they were unprepared for such numbers and onslaught and how this was so unanticipated.

My question is why didn't you use your service weapons and open fire on the asshole cowards? They would have retreated like crazy. Hell some of the police had long rifles but looked like they had never used them. What a bunch of pussies...on both sides.

A lot of the talking heads are laying the blame on the Capital Police and how they were unprepared for such numbers and onslaught and how this was so unanticipated.

My question is why didn't you use your service weapons and open fire on the asshole cowards? They would have retreated like crazy. Hell some of the police had long rifles but looked like they had never used them. What a bunch of pussies...on both sides.

It's not like Trump, the Proud Boys and others didn't TELL the world they would be in DC yesterday...

All I can say is that I'm so glad that America isn't a laughing stock like it was under Obummer !

Under. Both are outside the margin allowing recounts.

Even if the results are outside the allowable margin, one of the candidates can still petition the Sec State to conduct a recount if he or she suspects errors or discrepancies. Petition must be made within two days of the vote in certified. Doesn’t mean the Sec State has approve the request.

Even if the results are outside the allowable margin, one of the candidates can still petition the Sec State to conduct a recount if he or she suspects errors or discrepancies. Petition must be made within two days of the vote in certified. Doesn’t mean the Sec State has approve the request.

Based on the way Loeffler spoke in the Senate yesterday, I'd say there's little chance she puts in a petition.

Perdue has never been much of a fighter, so unless he gets a ton of pressure from his party, I'd be surprised if he puts one in either.

After yesterday, it's clear most Senate Republicans are just ready to move on and do minority obstructionist party stuff.

One of a million impossibly dumb elements to this that I can't wrap my head around is that Trump built the entire "The election is rigged!" narrative in 2016...and then he won. Now, somehow it's unfathomable that a %1 shift happened in swing states over the course of his horrendous reign ON TOP of drastically increased voter turnout.

Trump has now lost the most scrutinized, validated and cross examined mass democratic election in the history of mass democratic elections anywhere in the world. And that's still not enough for some idiots, apparently 100+ of which have been elected to congress.

On top of that, Trump has been in charge for 4 years, so if there was major election fraud that is so concerning to him, why didn't he do something about it?

Does it still fall to McConnell to bring the Senate into session? Or can Schumer do that now?

What exactly is the point of the 25th amendment?

Judging from what we've seen and heard over the past decade, it's to remove a LibDem POTUS if their health fails or they go wacko or wear a tan suit or something. If it's a Republican POTUS and they go wacko and urge supporters to storm the Capitol and do all sorts of crazy shit it doesn't apply. Or so it would seem.

Last edited:
Here's someone with an (R) beside his name calling for invoking the 25th:

They were too busy opening gates for the traitors and taking selfies with them.

It's so insane that none of our measures for removing a dangerous president from office were able to be deployed against donald trump. What a farce our whole system is.

Back