• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I went to the grocery store to get my mind off and to not break the refresh button...come back and nothing.

FUCK

I will probably get killed for this but can we call a truce on trolling giving the fact everyone is on pins and needles and only post

A: what you have heard from reliable sources

B: your hopes and dreams

I realize it was posted earlier, but Howland hasn't tweeted anything since 2012 - and today his twitter background was changed to remove the UCLA stuff... Must be going somewhere.

Maybe Marquette after hearing the WFU position was filled.

GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER GOODMAN TWITTER

I realize it was posted earlier, but Howland hasn't tweeted anything since 2012 - and today his twitter background was changed to remove the UCLA stuff... Must be going somewhere.

I do find this pretty compelling.

That's a solid A hire if true.

Also RIP Appetite.

Hah, possibly the only positive to emerge from the Bzzzz era is that I don't care nearly as much as I used to, so I'll be able to survive a Howland hire by posting gifs for a little bit.

Howland having success would be a CRUSHING blow to my e-reputation though.

Yes, because the first thought/instinct of someone who hasn't tweeted in two years, upon inking a multi-million dollar deal, is going to be "hey, maybe i should go update my twitter profile"

Shaka better come get the money quick cause college sports is going to be totally different in 5 years than it is today.

i disagree, and doubt this will matter after the inevitable appeals. but that is for a later time BRING ME SHAKA

Howland is solid coach, but I think we need a younger guy that can recruit. I'm not convinced Howland can recruit. I don't see this as a homerun which is what we need. Support yes, happy no. not me.

Shaka Shaka

The football recruiting luncheon was so funny to me because all of the people working in the admin were walking around with their mouths open because Clawson don't give a shit - charge! that is what I want

Yes, because the first thought/instinct of someone who hasn't tweeted in two years, upon inking a multi-million dollar deal, is going to be "hey, maybe i should go update my twitter profile"

The point, man! You're missing the point!

Matt Trebby ‏@trebby 1m
Lovell asked about past at Pittsburgh, where Ben Howland coached. Says he hasn't been involved in the search process for an #mubb coach yet.

That's because he's been hired elsewhere, man!

any activity from winston/hickory/wherever to CA?

With Wellman's connections in and through the NCAA Selection Committee, would Ron or Buddie really need to use any planes for this search?

I'm thinking the only plane will be the same one that picked up Clawson and brought him here to Graylyn and for his press conference etc.

Back