• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I may have to eat my words if we hire some loser, but personally I'm glad that Amaker is off the table. Never cared for him as a candidate.

Had a good night out tonight. Feel the opposite of how I felt about this time last night. We're going to be good again. Excited for what comes in the next few days.

I think we hear something today and I have a positive feeling! Let's do this Ronnie boy.

If they're keeping vigil at the VCU Siegel Center to see whether it's one or two lanterns, they're wasting their time. Demon Deacon is coming by land.

Demon-Deacon.jpg

Maybe the motorcycle will break down permanently.

How great would it be if Shaka opens the gate for our first football game? I can see him there behind the Deac, waving to his adoring fans....

This is yet another FWIW post but i thought I would pass along. A good friend of mine is friendly with an alum whose family name is on one of our main sports buildings (think football) and this guy says Shaka not coming and Welllman wants Amaker. Dont shoot me please

This is yet another FWIW post but i thought I would pass along. A good friend of mine is friendly with an alum whose family name is on one of our main sports buildings (think football) and this guy says Shaka not coming and Welllman wants Amaker. Dont shoot me please

Jesus effin' Christ

I.dont.want.Amaker. YUCK!

I will say, tho, that with a little professional styling, he could look a bit like The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.

Nope i missed that yesterday . That article was put up on espn ten hours ago which is several hours after i was told the above. So at the time it could have been true Who knows but last night there was also that blog post about us whiffing on Amaker and some offer being made without an interview which is hard to believe

Last edited:
I know it was immediately after a loss but Archie Miller sure didn't sound like a coach that was leaving town in his postgame interview.

Roy didn't give a shit about Carolina after he lost too. Saw how that worked out.

Back