• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Maybe it's cause I'm old now and can't rage the way I used to, but Christ, some of you all need to fucking get over it. Wellman's a chump. This is well-established. He's not hiring Howland or Marshall when he should - agreed. Manning's resume is paper-thin which is scary - sure.

But try, just for a moment, to be pragmatic about this. Given the constraints of the hire - some self-imposed, yes - Manning and "meh" looks pretty good compared to where we could be. Again, it can always get worse.

Flame away, young ragers, and know I'm drinking with you in spirit even as I shake my old man head in bemusement at you.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13723-1339786884-5.gif

This is fun. I feel like Biff.

I'm in denial at this point. I refuse to accept a coach like Ben Howland is still available and Wake would rather pay Manning $2 million. This is madness. None of this makes any sense.

So just this info

First off like 10 people on the boards are pming this shit and im negrepping each of you

Dv7
Say hey
94deac
Wvudeac
Iappreciateit

And others.. There are others. In my life i have accumulated a certain set of skills. A set of skills very dangerous to people like you.

So we went balls to the wall shaka, but eventually he turned us down. Had all of the alums call, wine and dine. Ultimately he liked vcu

Mike white said he wasnt ready and needed more time. Archie miller turned us down. Mack and howland never considered for cultute.

Rest of list was manning and wojo

And our "highly respected people we consult with" was of course gdo

Discuss things freely, bitches. Pm my ass

Is palma implying that some are pm'ing around secret info like on Scout?

I'm in denial at this point. I refuse to accept a coach like Ben Howland is still available and Wake would rather pay Manning $2 million. This is madness. None of this makes any sense.

Or even someone like Chris Mack who has Wake ties (4 NCAAT appearances, 2 Sweet Sixteens). We could more than double his salary, but NO he has culture issues. Meanwhile, we hire a coach who has a player currently under investigation for a rape.

#scooooooop #butnotreally

Maybe Howland is fourth on the list that manning is third. Please turn us down, then.

Listen up, fellas. Let me tell you a little story: When Shakespeare painted Mona Lisa, everyone, literally everyone, was like "hey dumbass, who the fuck is that bitch?". They thought he was a bozo and they made him talk in fucking rhymes for the rest of his life as punishment for being such a weirdo.

Well, fast forward a thousand years to today, and guess what? Mona fucking Lisa is the most famous woman on earth and Shakespeare's grandchildren don't have to pay for dinner at any restaurant in America.

My point is let's not stick our dicks in the pasta just because the tomato sauce is a little cold. Heat it up. You just might like it.

LOL - so it's the opposite of the Gary Clark "incident," where both the police and the university decided that no crime had been committed.

I can't wait to hear bkf's thoughts on Danny Manning.

We already knew his thoughts. Manning's black, that's all bkf needs to know.

Listen up, fellas. Let me tell you a little story: When Shakespeare painted Mona Lisa, everyone, literally everyone, was like "hey dumbass, who the fuck is that bitch?". They thought he was a bozo and they made him talk in fucking rhymes for the rest of his life as punishment for being such a weirdo.

Well, fast forward a thousand years to today, and guess what? Mona fucking Lisa is the most famous woman on earth and Shakespeare's grandchildren don't have to pay for dinner at any restaurant in America.

My point is let's not stick our dicks in the pasta just because the tomato sauce is a little cold. Heat it up. You just might like it.

All of this. All of it.

This. Fuck Danny Manning's culture. Fuck Ron Wellman's culture. And MOTHERfuck the Wake Forest way in all of its semantic, condescending, moralistic bullshit.

How in the hell can folks justify dropping tens of millions of dollars on an athletic department that, even if it was remotely interested in winning, literally has no idea how to put together a winning #culture.

Man, fuck it - I'm #DinoIN. There's a really good chance that Dino Gaudio will be the best basketball coach that we'll have had for 10 years. Think about that for a second.

The hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy should be expected, after all this is Premier Wellman. And if the choice was between hiring Manning or keeping Dino, I would have kept Dino.

Last edited:
The Siegels have bought Shaka off - he won't go anywhere. I don't know why Howland isn't a choice - he'd be great. Even Larry Brown would be a great filler while we searched more in depth for a long-term solution. Instead we get ... Manning. Deep sigh.

Back