• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kenpom vs. rjkarl NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em thread

I'm surprised NC State is a 3.5 point dog to SLU. State's won 5/6 with 3 of those wins over Tourney teams and a fairly close loss to Duke where they just ran out of gas. SLU has lost 4 out of 5. I really like State straight up in this one.

I'll take ND State as well

Yeah, I think I took them in my bracket as well. In conventional wisdom world though I think we're supposed to value the tougher conference and experience and all that jazz, so I left them out of my anti-Kenpom picks.

I can only do about four things at once. Right now I'm Skyping with a guy in UK, and corresponding with a company handling our payments (which is having a meltdown) and this...I'm going be going into other meetings in a few...it's a different mindset than the BSD....

I can only do about four things at once. Right now I'm Skyping with a guy in UK, and corresponding with a company handling our payments (which is having a meltdown) and this...I'm going be going into other meetings in a few...it's a different mindset than the BSD....

This is amazing.

nigga-im-busy.jpg

The dude with over 33,000 posts is now too busy to make a simple NCAA tournament bracket.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In the time that it took to write that, you could have just said, "I agree with all of Kenpom's picks today other than Texas and Cincinnati."

You only listed three things, RJ. This can be the fourth!

just do the challenge and dump the stupid 'confine rj to one thread' nonsense

do a "donation to the boards" bet like BKF

you know it's killing him that he can't post for the next hour plus.

You guys know KP essentially posted his picks for the entire tourney (using pre tourney ratings) on his blog, right?

just do the challenge and dump the stupid 'confine rj to one thread' nonsense

do a "donation to the boards" bet like BKF

rj donating to the boards? :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Apparently counting is not one of those 4 things.

Or is item #4 obsessively checking your rep total?

I'm surprised NC State is a 3.5 point dog to SLU. State's won 5/6 with 3 of those wins over Tourney teams and a fairly close loss to Duke where they just ran out of gas. SLU has lost 4 out of 5. I really like State straight up in this one.

Yeah my only concern is that a lot of times in games like this a five seed ends up being the prohibitive favorite to lose and I feel like most of the time that just falls flat on its face.

Back