• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official #ManUp media blitz thread

Espn radio. Dari & Mel going talk with Andy Katz here shortly, will discuss manning.

eta: they did not end up even mentioning him

Last edited:
the terp talk interview was good. better than i expected after reading some of the things on here. so we will see monday (and hopefully during games this weekend)

dino on Dari & Mel right now. Dino on Manning "I was excited. Don't know him personally, but I know his mentor...Danny needs to make sure that everyone at that place, from the top down, wants to win..." Missed part of it. Dino: "Give this guy (manning) everything he needs and he'll be successful"

dino on Dari & Mel right now. Dino on Manning "I was excited. Don't know him personally, but I know his mentor...Danny needs to make sure that everyone at that place, from the top down, wants to win..." Missed part of it. Dino: "Give this guy (manning) everything he needs and he'll be successful"

I always envision Ronnie as some DONK who always says "We're just happy to be here!"

life imitating art, it seems

The hire was mentioned briefly near the end of Pardon the Interruption on ESPN yesterday. I saw the announcement on the scroll on ESPN2 this morning.

That's really the crux of matters for Manning and Clawson, isn't it? Is our AD and administration committed to winning? To a large extent both coaches' success can be inhibited if our AD continues to make factors other than winning the first priority in athletics. We all know that other factors must be respected by our coaches -- I have no fear of those things ever being ignored at Wake -- but the prevailing LOWF mentality in our leadership typically excuses losing as our "historically competitive" place in sports.

I just don't see Danny Manning as the kind of guy that is going to be ok with the trying to be historically competitive. You don't get to be the best player of his generation (which Danny was before he tore up his knee) without a deep drive to be great.

I just don't see Danny Manning as the kind of guy that is going to be ok with the trying to be historically competitive. You don't get to be the best player of his generation (which Danny was before he tore up his knee) without a deep drive to be great.

?????

are you not considering Jordan is in the same generation (only 3 years age difference)?

Although we still need to hear what 'melo has to say, but preliminary, we should be excited.

I'll just go ahead and post these 3 BSD articles here. I haven't seen other pieces like these on this thread and I thought you all might enjoy.

Manning's Offensive History: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/5/5576228/manning-way-offense-Wake-Forest-Basketball-Deacons

Manning's Defensive History: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4...philosophy-wake-forest-tulsa-kansas-bill-self

Player Reaction to Manning Hire: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/5/5584822/wake-players-feel-like-they-have-their-mann

Back