• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014 Offseason Thread: KD35, Beal both out for 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither does practice, pickup games, charity games, and other games against fellow pro ballers.

Neither does practice, pickup games, charity games, and other games against fellow pro ballers.

If this happened in a pickup or charity game, there would be more of backlash. In terms of the simple risk-reward calculus, the risk remains pretty constant and almost entirely with the individual. The reward fluctuates dramatically. The greatest reward for stars playing for USAB rest with USAB and the NBA.

Overreaction. International play didn't cause that injury. Basketball did. That's like saying Kevin Ware's injury would end the NCAA Tournament.

This comparison is wrong, and the intent (outside of the wrong comparison) is also misguided. Maybe stars will continue to play, which is highly doubtful, despite the CBA keeping teams from denying it. I do not think you will ever see a free agent or free agent to be play again.

Glen Taylor: Kevin Love deal 'likely'
In the latest signal that a Kevin Love deal to Cleveland is inevitable, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that a trade of the All-Star forward is "likely" by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.

Aug. 23 happens to be the first day Cavaliers rookie Andrew Wiggins is eligible to be traded.

Cleveland signed Wiggins to a four-year deal on July 24, but because of league rules on rookie deals, the Cavs are not able to trade him for at least 30 days.

"I'm saying it's most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that's what he wants to do," Taylor told the Pioneer Press, adding that his preference is to keep Love in Minnesota.

"Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
Overreaction. International play didn't cause that injury. Basketball did. That's like saying Kevin Ware's injury would end the NCAA Tournament."

You seem to be saying the same thing I did. Basketball caused the injury. Could have happened in any high-level basketball game, not just international play."

Thanks for copying those. They are a perfect example of PH being shown how inane his post was and then dancing to say that's not what he just said.

He should truly give up teaching sociology or whatever his subject is and start teaching modern dance. It would be more appropriate.

Thanks for copying those. They are a perfect example of PH being shown how inane his post was and then dancing to say that's not what he just said.

He should truly give up teaching sociology or whatever his subject is and start teaching modern dance. It would be more appropriate.

funny-animal-pictures-with-captions-010-006.jpg

Overreaction. International play didn't cause that injury. Basketball did. That's like saying Kevin Ware's injury would end the NCAA Tournament."

You seem to be saying the same thing I did. Basketball caused the injury. Could have happened in any high-level basketball game, not just international play."

Lost me rj. I don't read any dancing or change of pov in the posts. You may disagree but his point is not idiotic. Has the potential to be wrong but if no nba players would ever play for the national team ever again you would have a mass exodus right now . instead we will see that even elite pros get something from the experience of playing for their country.

I didn't say "idiotic". Please don't try to put words into my mouth.

Official NBA 2014 Offseason Thread: Get well soon, PG24

I made a real simple point. I'm not sure how it got misinterpreted. The injury occurred playing basketball. Injuries are part of the game. Are NBA players supposed to be locked up and avoid basketball in the offseason? No.

Blaming international play for a freak injury to a 24 year old player is just dumb. Wear and tear on an older player like Manu? Sure. Freak injury to a young healthy player? No.

In general, don't make huge sweeping changes based on the occurrence of a very low probability event.

I made a real simple point. I'm not sure how it got misinterpreted. The injury occurred playing basketball. Injuries are part of the game. Are NBA players supposed to be locked up and avoid basketball in the offseason? No.

Blaming international play for a freak injury to a 24 year old player is just dumb. Wear and tear on an older player like Manu? Sure. Freak injury to a young healthy player? No.

In general, don't make huge sweeping changes based on the occurrence of a very low probability event.

Funny-Giraffe-Duck-Meme.jpg

Apparently you are not aware that inane and idiotic are synonymous. I disagreed with your post and think it was only because it's ph. Sorry if I rustled your jimmies.

rj must have a caregiver. there is no way he can function on his own

rj must have a caregiver. there is no way he can function on his own

So rj thanked whoever sent him the Ph posts, presumably because he has Ph on ignore. He must want us to do the same for other posters he has on ignore.

So rj thanked whoever sent him the Ph posts, presumably because he has Ph on ignore. He must want us to do the same for other posters he has on ignore.

Reading is fundamental. I said:

"Thanks for copying those."

If you just above my post, PH's posts had been copied onto the thread.

I never sad anyone sent me those posts. Keep making shit up.

well you certainly would recognize making shit up

how is that stupid book club going by the way? have a membership of 6 yet?

Modern dancer, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back