• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

I don't know about clowning NE, but I think Pittsburgh has a good shot. NE is just as flawed as anyone left... But having Brady & Belichick (and playing at home) always make them a tough out.

I'm starting to feel like Atlanta is going to stomp GB, though. No real reason... Could just be because it seems like the public loves GB +4.5.

Also, this could end up being the best crowd in Atlanta sports history for the game (final game of the Georgia Dome, hosting the NFC Championship game against the hottest player in the league at the moment, legitimate shot at a championship), which is saying quite a bit for that town.

It's hard to know how good the Pats are because they haven't played anyone since losing to Seattle more than two months ago.

Here are the QBs the Pats have faced since Seattle beat NE 31-24 in early November:

- Colin Kapernick
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (who threw for 269 yards and 2 TDs)
- Jared Goff
- The ghost of Joe Flacco (who threw for 324 and 2 TDs)
- Trevor Semian
- Ryan Fitzpatrick again
- Matt Moore
- Brock Osweiler

Of that group, only Joe Flacco is an average to above average QB, and he threw for 300+ yards. Credit to the Pats for knocking over the tomato cans in their way, but the Steelers offense is light years ahead of all of those offenses. Notwithstanding the Steelers no TD performance in KC, think that the Steelers will score a lot of points on Sunday.

Also, this could end up being the best crowd in Atlanta sports history for the game (final game of the Georgia Dome, hosting the NFC Championship game against the hottest player in the league at the moment, legitimate shot at a championship), which is saying quite a bit for that town.

What's the bar for this? 1,500 people?

It's hard to know how good the Pats are because they haven't played anyone since losing to Seattle more than two months ago.

Here are the QBs the Pats have faced since Seattle beat NE 31-24 in early November:

- Colin Kapernick
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (who threw for 269 yards and 2 TDs)
- Jared Goff
- The ghost of Joe Flacco (who threw for 324 and 2 TDs)
- Trevor Semian
- Ryan Fitzpatrick again
- Matt Moore
- Brock Osweiler

Of that group, only Joe Flacco is an average to above average QB, and he threw for 300+ yards. Credit to the Pats for knocking over the tomato cans in their way, but the Steelers offense is light years ahead of all of those offenses. Notwithstanding the Steelers no TD performance in KC, think that the Steelers will score a lot of points on Sunday.

The Steelers also already have a "road game/hostile crowd/cold weather" win under their belt, plus a curb-stomping of Miami.

What's the bar for this? 1,500 people?

It's low, for sure. You can search through the annals of great sports writing and have a hard time finding "rabid crowd" and "Atlanta" in the same sentence that often....

The Steelers also already have a "road game/hostile crowd/cold weather" win under their belt, plus a curb-stomping of Miami.

Good point. The Packers already have a road dome win against a hot offense, too.

I'm starting to get too hopeful of a Packers-Steelers SB.

PMT guys were laughing about the Georgia Dome great moments feature that was basically a bunch of clips from various Wrestlemanias

PMT guys were laughing about the Georgia Dome great moments feature that was basically a bunch of clips from various Wrestlemanias

Don't forget little Kerri Strug's vault from that list of great moments!

Jerry Jones was hyping up Romo again, saying that he could do what Rodgers did. Apparently he has never watched Romo play in a big game. Nonetheless, it is tough to trade Romo because he is old, hurt, sucks, and has a big contract. But Jerry believes in him and obviously won't cut him outright. Any chance that Jerry is crazy/stupid enough to think the team is in win-now mode and can do it with Romo, so therefore try to trade Dak? He is on a 4th round pick deal which is next to nothing; I would think that Cleveland or San Fran would jump at the chance to get a proven rookie QB on that deal in exchange for #1 or #2 pick, right? Even if they view Trubisky or Watson as a better QB prospect, which I don't think they could at this point, proven Dak on the remainder of a 4-year $400k deal is golden compared to paying the #1 or #2 pick millions per year to prove their worth. That pick then lets Dallas take Myles Garrett or Jonathan Allen to shore up the defense, or flip the #1 or #2 for two first rounders to use on defense. No way I would have faith in Romo, but I could see Jerry having it.

I am liking me some Bill Belichick:

Belichick when asked to discuss the importance of having the home crowd behind them: “I don’t know. Go ask Dallas and Kansas City.”

I hope Jerrah is just hyping Tony to trade him. But Tony is on the only team that values him that much. There would be open revolt if Jerrah traded Dak.

Since athletic performance generally follows a bell curve, I think contracts should as well. I know the agents would never allow it, but it would make keeping old players more palatable. At least make the "old years" part of the contract incentive laden to pay the athletes that can still perform.

Back