• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

Once Brady retires, I want to see Belichick return to Cleveland and turn the Frowns upside down.

Yeah I am actually kinda surprised he isn't bored. I think that's why he enjoyed this season with no gronk and 4 game Brady suspension.

Now that we can win without Gronk and Brady most likely plays another 3-5 year so bye bye Garapollo, lets see what this team can do with a couple first and second round picks.

Kind of unbelievable the position they are in considering they just won the SB. You figure they might choose to pay Hightower and would likely want to hold onto either Gronk or Bennett, but it doesn't seem like the free agents are anybody they would absolutely have to lock up. I don't think Gronk or Jimmy G are worth giving up a first rounder, but the case can certainly be made some dumb GM might do it.

170205232112-07-gettyimages-633954044-exlarge-169.jpg

he caught this ball. crazy

More similar to the Seattle catch a few years ago that put them in a position to win it before the INT, IMHO.

nah closer to Tyree if only because the Pats won the game. Baldwins catch ended up meaning very little thanks to Carroll/Butler.

If dipshit for the Falcons had just picked the ball off (much like if dipshit finished the sack on Eli on the Tyree play) nothing else matters. Sports are crazy, man.

Amazing how all 7 of the Super Bowls during the Patriots dynasty have been tremendous games:

Rams - game winning 48 yard FG as time expires
Panthers - game winning 41 yard FG with 0:04 left; historic wardrobe malfunction at halftime
Eagles - probably the least interesting of their SBs (Pats up by 10 with a couple minutes to go) but still finished as a 3 point game that came down to an onside kick
Giants I - game losing TD catch with 0:35 left in drive with greatest catch in Super Bowl history
Giants II - game losing TD run with 0:57 left in drive with a top 5-10 catch in Super Bowl history
Seahawks - game clinching INT with 0:20 left
Falcons - GW TD in first Super Bowl OT following 25 point comeback; second best catch in Super Bowl history

Flip a couple plays (2 Vinatieri misses, Seahawks run Lynch, Falcons run ball to set up FG to go up 11) and Pats are 1-6 in SBs. Flip a couple other plays (Tyree and Manningham don't come down with the greatest catches of their careers) and Pats are 7-0 in SBs.

If dipshit for the Falcons had just picked the ball off (much like if dipshit finished the sack on Eli on the Tyree play) nothing else matters. Sports are crazy, man.

Felt like the holding call on the Falcons' last offensive possession was a bigger deal than that circus catch. All they needed was a FG.

Also, the NFL's overtime rules, while improved, are still retarded.

I haven't listened to it yet, but how smug on a scale of 9 to 10 will Mike Lombardi be on Simmons today?

Amazing how all 7 of the Super Bowls during the Patriots dynasty have been tremendous games:

Rams - game winning 48 yard FG as time expires
Panthers - game winning 41 yard FG with 0:04 left; historic wardrobe malfunction at halftime
Eagles - probably the least interesting of their SBs (Pats up by 10 with a couple minutes to go) but still finished as a 3 point game that came down to an onside kick
Giants I - game losing TD catch with 0:35 left in drive with greatest catch in Super Bowl history
Giants II - game losing TD run with 0:57 left in drive with a top 5-10 catch in Super Bowl history

Seahawks - game clinching INT with 0:20 left
Falcons - GW TD in first Super Bowl OT following 25 point comeback; second best catch in Super Bowl history

Flip a couple plays (2 Vinatieri misses, Seahawks run Lynch, Falcons run ball to set up FG to go up 11) and Pats are 1-6 in SBs. Flip a couple other plays (Tyree and Manningham don't come down with the greatest catches of their careers) and Pats are 7-0 in SBs.

G MEN for the wins! Suck it Brady!! :cool:

All they needed was a FG.

Ball on 20 yard line with 4 mins remaining:
- Run up the middle
- Run up the middle
- Run up the middle
- Kick game winning FG (up 11)

Or just do this:
- Take a knee
- Take a knee
- Take a knee

All they needed was a FG.

Ball on 20 yard line with 4 mins remaining:
- Run up the middle
- Run up the middle
- Run up the middle

Or just do this:
- Take a knee
- Take a knee
- Take a knee

Either of these sequences takes two minutes off the game clock, unless the Patriots use their time outs. In that case, Atlanta would still be able to take 30 sec or so off the clock, then be able to burn 2+ minutes after a NE score. Under that scenario, NE would have to score twice while using about 1:30 of game clock time.

Back