• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I play probably once a month these days and I enjoy it still, but it's increasingly frustrating to shoot 85 at a golf course I know I could have shot 75 at 5-10 years ago.

Separating the results from the experience is what I have tried my best to do, but it doesn't always work.

just starting to look into a trip to Scotland this summer for about a week.Family of 4 with 2 golfers hoping to play 2 rounds and hike/ sight see the remainder.

appreciate any suggestions-should I try a golf tour company or just book it on my own. I am sure Summer is very busy but is there a best time (june july or august) to go? thank you

just starting to look into a trip to Scotland this summer for about a week.Family of 4 with 2 golfers hoping to play 2 rounds and hike/ sight see the remainder.

appreciate any suggestions-should I try a golf tour company or just book it on my own. I am sure Summer is very busy but is there a best time (june july or august) to go? thank you
I'm in the process of trying to arrange a guys' trip to Scotland for summer. Demand is VERY high for 2023. Lot of people rolling over reservations that were cancelled during COVID. If you aren't particularly picky about where you play, then you can absolutely book it yourself. Plus, a lot of tour companies won't help you out for just a few days of golf. My experience (when trying to get Old Course times) is 5 day minimum. Reach out to @Liquid Karma (an expert on these issues)

Anyone have Arccos, and what has your experience been like using it?

Anyone have Arccos, and what has your experience been like using it?
I have it and love it.

1 caveat - I've had it for 2 years and got grandfathered in with full functionality (AI caddie, etc...) without having the pay the monthly fee.

Only problem I have with it is if I'm not playing particularly well and I just turn it off.

They've been really good about sending replacement sensors if they break or if batteries die too.

Doesn't factor in cuts, draws, partial shots, but with a large enough sample size it does a good enough job.

Random. Just got some new golf shoes for Christmas.

Anyone have good golf socks they really like?
I struggle with cheaper socks as my heel rubs. I've had great success with Orfiks but they are re-branding and not available right now. They are sized. Great heel. And dry out quickly. Anything similar?

Random. Just got some new golf shoes for Christmas.

Anyone have good golf socks they really like?
I struggle with cheaper socks as my heel rubs. I've had great success with Orfiks but they are re-branding and not available right now. They are sized. Great heel. And dry out quickly. Anything similar?

100% agreed with you on Orfix. I got one pair as a tee-gift 3 years ago, and I still search for them everytime I play an important round.

This is the closest I've found: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/socks/unisex_ua_golf_no_show_tab_2-pack_socks/1371527.html

Second on Bombas. I actually don't love low-cut ankle socks as a walker, they can get a little uncomfortable on hills and odd angles plus grass clippings and stuff can make it into the heel at times. The Bombas quarters for golf are pretty much perfect.

Second on Bombas. I actually don't love low-cut ankle socks as a walker, they can get a little uncomfortable on hills and odd angles plus grass clippings and stuff can make it into the heel at times. The Bombas quarters for golf are pretty much perfect.

For me it's about fit. The foot joy ankle socks quit on me and slide down all the time. Never had that problem with UA socks.

Also, you can find pretty good deals on Bonobos shorts and pants, which are revolutionary. I wear them for travel as well because they are so comfortable and the back pockets zip closed

Friend is planning a bachelor party in Philly and wants to play a round. Any suggestions for good, public courses in the Philadelphia area?

When I googled Philly golf courses, the 9th option said "TopGolf".

That's like Yelp offering Waffle House as a top 5 breakfast option in Charleston.

Back