• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL professional wrestling thread

Cody Rhodes has big time attitude era vibes. Always always liked Mysterio. I had the WWF anthology CD set, and I'd get SO AMPED when Mysterio's music came on

Prohibition was still in place in the US 90 years ago.

WWE Crown Jewel is tomorrow live from Saudi Arabia at 1:00PM ET. Kickoff Show starts at Noon ET. Streaming Live on Peacock

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match
Roman Reigns (c) vs. LA Knight

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

John Cena vs. Solo Sikoa

Women's World Championship Fatal 5-Way Match
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Nia Jax vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Zoey Stark vs. Raquel Rodriguez

WWE Women’s Championship Match
IYO SKY (c) vs. Bianca Belair

United States Championship Match
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Logan Paul

Cody Rhodes vs. Damian Priest

Kickoff Match
Sami Zayn vs. JD McDonagh
Really should be called Blood Money.

The Saudi shows were pretty much when I checked out of WWE. I know that you don't have to look very hard in wrestling to find shitty people and shitty actions, but it did give me an excuse to get out. It also mostly matched up with the start of AEW, and I certainly didn't have the time to watch both.

The Saudi shows were pretty much when I checked out of WWE. I know that you don't have to look very hard in wrestling to find shitty people and shitty actions, but it did give me an excuse to get out. It also mostly matched up with the start of AEW, and I certainly didn't have the time to watch both.
So you checked because they wrestle in Saudi?

That was kind of the last straw, yeah. The extreme sportswashing propaganda they did at the first Crown Jewel was ridiculous, so I stopped watching those events, and fell off WWE completely within about a year. I was already pretty unhappy with the production by that point, and while there are wrestlers that I love that were with WWE at the time (and still are), it became too much of a chore getting through the dreadful commentary, spastic jump cuts, and constant recaps to get to what I still liked.

Also, I understand that as an F1 fan, this was a weird place to draw the line. But at least the petro-state bullshit is built in to F1, while the WWE Saudi contract was just over the top greed in a time when we know the Saudis are problematic.

Back