• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

I saw an ESPN poll where like 70% of the people think the Spurs are going to win the finals (and people in general have been saying they'd beat the Heat this year, even before the finals started). Last year the matchup was the same, the stars were the same, Spurs were allegedly deeper, and were up 1-0 in the Finals. Are there some key additions / subtractions to either team that are pushing the Spurs over the top this year? Or is that opinion based more on regular season records? I really hope the Spurs can get it done this year, would love to see another ring for Timmy.

Spurs have looked better in the playoffs against better competition.

Soccer and marathons have been held in 90+ degree heat. It is just something you have to deal with sometimes. There is little you can do if you are cramping. It just happens. Pop apparently adjusted better on the fly and maybe got his guys more breaks (minutes played may not necessarily be the issue, as opposed to getting a quick break and fluids, and back in the game). It happened. In other sports you have to deal with heat and other conditions.

Can anyone with DVR go back and look at Norris Cole's "3" at the 11:24 mark of the second quarter? I thought it was clearly a 2 they counted as a 3.

Just watched the replay on NBA TV and you are right. He was 3 feet inside the arc so not like it was close. They gave him a 3 and NEVER went back and changed it and nothing was ever said on the broadcast. Could you imagine if the Spurs had lost by 1.

Just watched the replay on NBA TV and you are right. He was 3 feet inside the arc so not like it was close. They gave him a 3 and NEVER went back and changed it and nothing was ever said on the broadcast. Could you imagine if the Spurs had lost by 1.

They changed it at the next break and Breen announced it. Other than that you are all over it.

They changed it at the next break and Breen announced it. Other than that you are all over it.

Ok so what am I missing. Just rewound a and watched again. Heat score goes from 20 to 23 on the shot. Next possession down they hit a shot to go to 26. Then, two FTs to go to 28 and it never changed. Are we looking at the same game spot?

Ahhh! They didn't change it on the next possession or next break. They changed it at the 8:15 mark. Since I was watching the replay and had not arrived there yet and no time machine had not seen it. Other than that you are all over it though smart ass

Last edited:
Look after the commercial break. Their score goes from 31 to 30. Breen announces it at the 8:08 mark of the second quarter.

Ok so what am I missing. Just rewound a and watched again. Heat score goes from 20 to 23 on the shot. Next possession down they hit a shot to go to 26. Then, two FTs to go to 28 and it never changed. Are we looking at the same game spot?

Ahhh! They didn't change it on the next possession or next break. They changed it at the 8:15 mark. Since I was watching the replay and had not arrived there yet and no time machine had not seen it. Other than that you are all over it though smart ass

You know by break, bmoney meant timeout. Otherwise he would have said dead ball.

6.Review of Two-Point/Three-Point Field Goal Attempts or Fouls

Since the 2008-09 season, referees have reviewed all situations in which officials are not reasonably certain whether a successful field goal was scored correctly as a 2-point or 3-point field goal or, in the case of a called shooting foul, whether the player was attempting a 2-point or 3-point field goal.

In the case of a possible foul, the review takes place immediately before the free-throw attempts so referees know how many shots to award.

But when referees use replay to determine the correct scoring of a made basket, they wait to conduct the replay in most situations. This decision was made by the Competition Committee and Board of Governors' to lessen the impact of frequent stoppages, including stoppages that might disadvantage the new offensive team after a made field goal.
If the field goal occurred prior to the third full timeout in the fourth period, the review takes place at the next full timeout or period break following the basket.◦If the field goal occurred after the third full timeout in the fourth period or in overtime, the review takes place at the next clock stoppage, including when the clock stops after made baskets in the last two minutes.

When conducting the review, referees will also try to determine if:
◦The shooter committed a boundary line violation at the moment he last touched the floor immediately prior to releasing the ball or the ball touched out-of-bounds (e.g., hitting the shot clock) prior to entering the basket,
◦In the case of a foul, whether the fouled player committed a boundary line violation,
◦A 24-second violation occurred, and
◦Any unsportsmanlike acts or unnecessary contact occurred.

I can tell you one thing. There would have been one pissed off 300 pound Texan chasing down the refs. And once my wife got done with those jerks their own mamas wouldn't have recognized them. Same old story, the NBA doesn't want to see the Spurs beat the "Dream Team" from Miami so the refs try to hand them the game. Unfortunately, the refs couldn't stop Danny Green from being "on fire" in the fourth quarter.

LOL DeaconBrews, did your internet shut down or something? I thought we would have some friendly banter during this series. I'm sure you are one of those Heat fans that only tunes into the NBA beginning in late May. Can you say BANDWAGON????????

One down, three to go. Duncan with 21 points, 10 boards. Ho Hum. Just an average career playoff game.

I can tell you one thing. There would have been one pissed off 300 pound Texan chasing down the refs. And once my wife got done with those jerks their own mamas wouldn't have recognized them. Same old story, the NBA doesn't want to see the Spurs beat the "Dream Team" from Miami so the refs try to hand them the game. Unfortunately, the refs couldn't stop Danny Green from being "on fire" in the fourth quarter.

LOL DeaconBrews, did your internet shut down or something? I thought we would have some friendly banter during this series. I'm sure you are one of those Heat fans that only tunes into the NBA beginning in late May. Can you say BANDWAGON????????

I really hope Brews is #GSG.

qy8y4epa.jpg

See Diaw passing on the three at the end down 5.

See Diaw passing on the three at the end down 5.

That was indeed bizarre. They had like 8 seconds left and were down 5, yet were running the offense like there was a 5th quarter.

The flagrant 1 call in which they got no points at all despite four free throws did seem to be a turning point.

Back