• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Time to ride out into the sunset Tim- and return to Mother So Dear on Manning's staff with your buddy Chill to help right the ship!

Time to ride out into the sunset Tim- and return to Mother So Dear on Manning's staff with your buddy Chill to help right the ship!

Ride off into the sunset? He's the favorite for a repeat next year, and was a play or two away in 2013 from seeing that reality this year. His team just dominated the NBA Finals like no other team before them. Why ride off now? He's at the top of the league.

Besides, what about Tim's personality makes you think he would ever want to coach, or even be good at coaching basketball? Hell, at this point, there's no real evidence to show that Chill can coach or recruit his way out of a paper sack. I'd rather we go hire the best coaches and let Tim show up and sit on the sidelines when we make a championship run. Wake fans seem to have some weird incestuous love affair with past players becoming coaches, ignoring all reality or common sense.

Last edited:
I think we all know how Tim is going to retire. He's going to sit in the stands with his kids, probably yucking it up with David Robinson and Manu. Parker will join him when he retires. Then when Kawhi wins his 5th title, he'll jump into Duncan's arms.

Ride off into the sunset? He's the favorite for a repeat next year, and was a play or two away in 2013 from seeing that reality this year. His team just dominated the NBA Finals like no other team before them. Why ride off now? He's at the top of the league.

Besides, what about Tim's personality makes you think he would ever want to coach, or even be good at coaching basketball? Hell, at this point, there's no real evidence to show that Chill can coach or recruit his way out of a paper sack. I'd rather we go hire the best coaches and let Tim show up and sit on the sidelines when we make a championship run. Wake fans seem to have some weird incestuous love affair with past players becoming coaches, ignoring all reality or common sense.

Yeah, because that never works out.

Kevin-Ollie-head-coach-of-the-2014-Mens-National-Champions-Connecticut-Huskies.jpg

I think we all know how Tim is going to retire. He's going to sit in the stands with his kids, probably yucking it up with David Robinson and Manu. Parker will join him when he retires. Then when Kawhi wins his 5th title, he'll jump into Duncan's arms.

When Tim retires, I don't think we ever see him in public again. He spends his days playing paintball, fixing up cars, and playing XBox.

Retire? That could be a while.

BqOGIZTIgAAr2hv.jpg

Yep. Also cool seeing Ice Man in the stands last night.

Can someone tell me when LebRon left the game last night for the final time and how much the Spurs were ahead?

I agree. When Tim retires, he won't be seen in public very much.

And I LOL every time someone suggests he should become a coach. He's a gagillionaire and has no need to coach or work and his personality is 100% not cut out for the profession.

I agree. When Tim retires, he won't be seen in public very much.

And I LOL every time someone suggests he should become a coach. He's a gagillionaire and has no need to coach or work and his personality is 100% not cut out for the profession.

BUT BUT BUT...

Kevin-Ollie-head-coach-of-the-2014-Mens-National-Champions-Connecticut-Huskies.jpg

Duncan is definitely one of those dudes who will quietly announce his retirement and will never be heard from again.

After the past 5-6 days, they may not need to add ANYONE.

I think some athleticism could not hurt since Bonner and Bellinelli are lead feet defenders.

But who knows now. Bring them all back and REPEAT.

Melo would be subtraction by addition. And no way are the Spurs adding a nut job like Lance Stephenson to the team dynamic they currently have going on.

Spurs gonna have to pay Patty Mills and to a lesser extent Boris. Patty Mills is gonna get at last $4mil per year I would think.

BpK0dQtCUAI_CWx.png

even the ocean thinks the spurs have this in the bag

this will go to the spurs head

The Spurs = America's team

The Heat = Cuba's team (el equipo de los Castros)

NBA Finals ratings up from last year

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ls-2014-television-ratings-finals-last-season

NEW YORK -- The San Antonio Spurs' redemption title was a big hit with television viewers.
Nearly 18 million viewers tuned in to watch the Spurs clinch in Game 5 on Sunday night. That's a 10 percent increase from Game 5 between the same teams last year. Nielsen says viewership peaked at 22.4 million in the last half hour of the Spurs' 104-87 win.
The 10.3 national rating on ABC was up from 9.5 last year.
The five-game series averaged 15.5 million viewers and a 9.3 rating. That's up from 15.1 million viewers and a 9.1 rating through five games of the 2013 classic series.
Nielsen Social says it was the most-tweeted NBA game of the year, with more than 6.4 million tweets. The Spurs won their fifth NBA championship, preventing the Heat from winning three straight titles.

all them spurs bandwagoners ganging up on the true bball fans in miami ok i can stop now

Back