• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

giphy.gif

What do Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili have in common?

They'll make less money than Kobe Bryant in the 14-15 season. Combined.

What do Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili have in common?

They'll make less money than Kobe Bryant in the 14-15 season. Combined.

That's simply not so....Tim, Tony and Manu will make $29.86M. Kobe will make $23.5M.

But Kobe is grossly overpaid.

Each position is valid. Tim, et al, like playing together and will give something to do so. Kobe has made the Lakers hundreds of millions of dollars. He deserves a big piece of those millions. It's a sound business premise. Why shouldn't Kobe get some of the money he makes the Buss'?

That's simply not so....Tim, Tony and Manu will make $29.86M. Kobe will make $23.5M.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Parker: $12,500,000
Duncan: $10,361,446
Ginobili: $7,000,000

Kobe: $30,453,000

I can't speak to the veracity of Hoops Hype's numbers but they've been around quite some time with that information and it's been reliable in the past.

Last edited:

But Kobe is grossly overpaid.

Each position is valid. Tim, et al, like playing together and will give something to do so. Kobe has made the Lakers hundreds of millions of dollars. He deserves a big piece of those millions. It's a sound business premise. Why shouldn't Kobe get some of the money he makes the Buss'?

it's not that he should not. outside of all but the most anti-kobe people everyone understands why he makes so much and i don't think the begrudge him that. but kobe should not complain if the lakers allow him input to personnel decisions and those go poorly and hamstring the team. the only thing he can do to help the effort (other than playing well obviously) is take less money but i certainly don't blame him if he does not.

If you said "made", you'd be correct. I thought you said "will make".

I said "they'll" as in "they will." And I'm looking at the salaries for the 14/15 season. So not "made."

Then I was correct. "They'll" as in "they will" is not not accurate.

The numbers I used Spurs -$29.86 vs. Kobe $23.5M is what "they will make" in 14/15 according to Hoopshype (the same as you used).

I see what happened. They were still listing Kobe's 2013-14 salary at the time which was $30M. They've revised the list since I posted the link.

Regardless, in terms of value the two organizations are certainly getting different returns on investment recently. Fuck Kobe anyway.

In ESPN interview, Kobe also brought up unprompted about Tim Duncan possibly getting 6th ring before him: “I’m not okay with that.”

Apparently Manu played the Finals with a slight stress fracture in his leg. He probably won't play for Argentina in the FIBA World Cup.

Here's a cool video of Spurs 1st round pick Kyle Anderson from 3 months ago talking about how he'd like to play with the Spurs.

Patty Mills played with a torn rotator too. At least the Manu injury will keep him resting instead of playing for Argentina.

Spurs showing some interest in Gasol and Bosh. I think there's a natural fit for Gasol in San Antonio. The team make up and style of offense suit him well.

The Spurs could sign Pau for about $8-11M before signing Fat Boris or Patty and still be under the luxury tax.

Apparently Manu played the Finals with a slight stress fracture in his leg. He probably won't play for Argentina in the FIBA World Cup.

Here's a cool video of Spurs 1st round pick Kyle Anderson from 3 months ago talking about how he'd like to play with the Spurs.

That's fantastic. Love the symbolism, too. A NYC kid? Nah, he grew up in the shadows of the big city, across the river in Weehawken, NJ - thus, a perfect fit for the Spurs in a Heat "Look at ME!" era.

Spurs kinda sleep walking through three quarters of the regular season. Can they find that edge/chip on the shoulder attitude they had during the 2014 playoff run once again for 2015 playoffs. Last 20 games or so says they've got it together, catching everybody except the Warriors. Will that carryover into this year's playoffs?

Back