• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

bumping to discuss specific stuff outside of the nba thread.

agree with ph about the rentals but they are going to need a few probably.

5 - Duncan
4 - Aldridge, Diaw, West
3 - Leonard, Anderson
2 - Green, Manu
1 - Parker, Mills

the more i think about it and the fewer options show themselves they really need Manu. at the price he will accept you are not going to get a better player. sure he will play 20 mpg next year but he can come off the bench and continue to play with mills and be a distributor. he just needs to not go for the amazing pass. yeah it's tons of fun when it works but it is working less and less.

really want West (and they got him for the vet min). that would be - IS -huge. Need another big. preferably with some height to alter/block shots and rebound. (damn you detroit).

that makes 10. they could still need use a pg for insurance and a wing that can play d and shoot the spot up three (at least from the corner). thinking Bonner is looking more likely to come back as well which i am ok with if there is space. the Delfino rumor is interesting. he would be an ok back up but i don't recall him ever being much of a defender. barbosa is available i believe. he could be another shooter, he'll play hard on defense and could play a little lead guard since the system is not dependent on an all world pass first pg.

so something like

5 - Duncan, defense big
4 - Aldridge, Diaw, West
3 - Leonard, Anderson
2 - Green, Manu, Barbosa
1 - Parker, Mills

would leave you with some flexibility and they could add another young big or euro they have stashed for future experience. they could also leave a few spots open if they need to sign someone after getting a look at the team.

Last edited:
As much as I love what the Spurs have done so far, we're still one Tony Parker injury away from trouble. I really hope we're able to find a point guard who can handle an extended Parker absence and keep the Spurs machine rolling. I do like the fact that all our acquisitions so far contribute in the assist column.

Definitely need another pg. A wing (on the taller side) and a big (again on the taller side) would be really nice. Too bad this free agency period has been so expensive. The deals cj and baynes got were probably warrented but in another year thise guys might not have been picked up for so much and maybe the spurs get a shot at retaining.

I caught some of the Sours summer league game last night. Kyle Anderson sucked and is so low, rj could probably guard him. Dairis Bertans looked good. He seems to be a Spurs kind of player.

Pounding the Rock had a great headline that Bertans outplayed Okafor.

Apparently Livio looked good on defense.

watched the highlights from the game last night. okafor and a couple random shots from spurs guys. not surprisingly it was 90/10 okafor.

This Spurs roster is a weird mix of continuity, new era, and one more shot at a championship. Real interesting to see if they go young with the remaining spots, including Kyle Anderson.

rapper, free speech activist, and heat fan and luther campbell objected to spurs taking advantage of david west...

LUTHER R CAMPBELL ‏@unclelukereal1 15h15 hours ago

They need to take David West agent license away now
13 retweets 7 favorites

All professional teams want to check its Player when they're playing over their head don't want to check them when they're robbing them
10 retweets 3 favorites

NBA players association is a union that is designed to protect its Player from executives like Popovich who take advantage player's
19 retweets 14 favorites

Popovich is taking advantage of a very desperate David West he oughta be ashamed of himself.
23 retweets 10 favorites

The NBA Player's Association need to check David West for drugs right now and void this deal
40 retweets 18 favorites

Popovich should feel really bad for taking advantage of David West like this. The man is mentally disturbed

Just looked it up and David west has earned 87 million dollars in his career. Makes it easier to make the decision he just made, despite what two live crew thinks

Good call. I don't think the Spurs can afford to go young with all these roster spots.

this spurs board http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2 is pretty excited about the ray mccallum trade. feeling is he is a good replacement for joseph. better scorer, not as good defensively. better play maker/passer. he finished the season pretty strongly. just not enough room for him in sac town.

next up a wing and a big.

That's hilarious.

Back