• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

disagree that the sleep walked. maybe duncan. played well most of the season but he looks like a different player lately.

the spurs as a whole had so many small and large injury issues it really took 3/4 of the season for everyone to get back on the same page. it never felt like sleepwalking. they had something like 4 overtime games at home that were really good games and went poorly for them. they were certainly working hard just injuries and out of synch.

Last edited:
The NBA season is long, and smart teams pace themselves and run it like a marathon.

Duncan actually had better numbers midseason. He carried the team with some huge numbers when Parker and Kawhi were injured in those games they had trouble pulling out. He's been able to rest more with the blowouts over the last month. Splitter being back has helped as well.

Last edited:
agree. i just think duncan "looks" like a different player now than earlier. he definitely carried the team for quite awhile but he seems more focused at the moment. maybe it's as much getting more rest and not having to carry the team as anything else. maybe its just more fun when the team is winning and the playoffs loom.

Duncan actually had better numbers midseason. He carried the team with some huge numbers when Parker and Kawhi were injured in those games they had trouble pulling out. He's been able to rest more with the blowouts over the last month. Splitter being back has helped as well.

Spurs were 9-9 without Kawhi and 7-7 without Parker. Not sure how many of those games overlapped.

Duncan's month by month splits are interesting. He put up huge numbers before the All-Star break, but he's been more efficient as of late.

The most interesting number is that Timmy averages 18/10 at 63% from the field with 3+ days rest.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/215/tim-duncan

Duncan's month by month splits are interesting. He put up huge numbers before the All-Star break, but he's been more efficient as of late.

The most interesting number is that Timmy averages 18/10 at 63% from the field with 3+ days rest.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/215/tim-duncan

to quote the song, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" Timmy takes a little longer to recover these days.

Found this on spurstalk forums.. Timmy dunking on Father Time
t7lsw7.jpg

Saw a great quote in the comment section of a recent article about Duncan.

"Father Time may be undefeated, but Timmy is going the full 15 rounds with that son of a bitch."

Spurs looking like a different team in the playoffs. Kawhi going full playoff mode and destroying Clips.

Duncan and Paul going at it a bit I this one.

Back