• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Just watched American Sniper. Unbelievable performance by Bradley Cooper. Really tough to watch at times. War is hell.

Saw the Homesman with Tommy Lee Jones. Decently acted flick but very depressing and dark. Spoiler; Tommy kills James Spader in a Clint Eastwood kind of way. Best scene in the movie.

Saw the Homesman with Tommy Lee Jones. Decently acted flick but very depressing and dark. Spoiler; .... Best scene in the movie.

so this is a thread about good movies, presumably to get people to watch it and you spoil it right next to the "spoiler warning" ?? ok.

I'll see that when it hits video no doubt. I love me some disaster movies. Towering Inferno and Poseidon Adventure are in my DVD collection.

Jupiter Ascending is the worst movie I've seen in the last few years. Fucking awful.

Mama was your typical shitty horror. Tropes, tropes, tropes (creepy little kid drawings!), jump scares, terrible monster effects. Jessica Chastain has some nice tabes, though.

Before I die, yet way low on the "bucket list," I want to sit down with you in front of a 75" flat screen with an amazing bottle of bourbon and watch TRL.

It amazes me that someone as smart as you would (presumably) rank that masterpiece (best movie of the 90's?) below Adam Sandler's worst.

I haven't seen it in over 10 years, but if I remember correctly, the only major sin of TRL was that it came out the same year as Saving Private Ryan and folks dismissed it as derivative and as a companion film in the Pacific Theater, never giving it a chance to be its own film.

Before I die, yet way low on the "bucket list," I want to sit down with you in front of a 75" flat screen with an amazing bottle of bourbon and watch TRL.

It amazes me that someone as smart as you would (presumably) rank that masterpiece (best movie of the 90's?) below Adam Sandler's worst.

Masterpieces are not unwatchable.

It'll take the whole bottle of bourbon to get me to sit through that shit again. Oh look, there's a parrot sitting in a tree not doing a goddamn thing for at least 30 seconds.

Fury Road was great. Just one of those movies where it's like, holy shit, it must have been so damn hard to make that movie. How did they do it? Good shit. And, no, you don't have to have seen any of the original trilogy, but you definitely should anyway because they are cool. Master-Blaster FTMFW.

Saw Aloha last night; that shit was terrible. Cameron Crowe should be ashamed. It wasn't bad because it's a chick flick, it's bad because the storyline is so choppy and incoherent.

Jurassic Park is on AMC right now. It holds up so remarkably well. Actually better than a lot of modern movies.

And Jurassic Park: The Lost World...I see why they have decided to pretend this one never happened for Jurassic World.

What about the third jurassic Park, that one was really really awful

Back