• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

This likely remains on the unpopular thread, but I hated CK. Thought it was so fucking dull and brutal.
Yeah, i was underwhelmed. I suppose i can appreciate that it was technically innovative, and I’m sure I would like it more if i watched it in a film class setting. But not the easiest movie to enjoy.

There Will Be Blood is such a tough slog, though. PTA is masterful, but he really challenges the viewer. I think he's best when he throws a little whimsy in there for a break-- see Boogie Nights, Punch Drunk Love, Licorice Pizza. I don't include Inherent Vice because it was more weird than whimsical.

TWBB, The Master, Magnolia, Inherent Vice, and Phantom Thread are tough to enjoy. TWBB and Magnolia I suspect improve on repeated viewings (Magnolia did for me).

Finished The Power of the Dog. And son and I watched The Woman King. I thought both were solid.

Glazer has an incredible track record

Birth was one weird flick tho

Back