• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Wow, you are quite literally the very first person I've heard say a single negative thing about it. (except for whatever poster it was that didn't like the guitar-flame guy).

I haven't yet read your reasons though because I haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled.

That was me. Loved the movie. Apparently I'm the only person on the planet who didn't like guitar-flame guy.

Characters in Boyhood sucked. I spend 2.5 hours watching some dude turn into a douchebag.

If it was less hyped, then do you think you would have enjoyed it more? Seems like a weird reason to dislike something you liked, but to each his own.

Hype has nothing to do with it, except that maybe I was expecting a bit more given the awards. It's a Linklater film, and a cool idea for a project, so I would be intrigued anyway. It just didn't do a lot for me. I read that he put together the plot as he went and it kind of feels that way. He had the ending written for it, which was the dumb line when he's high on mushrooms.

On the other hand, I saw The Imitation Game last night and it was excellent.

As of now I like JW the best of the JP sequels. we'll see if that holds up. but if you want a movie of just dinos wrecking shit...this is your movie.

It's early, but "Inside Out" is sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

I've already see it listed as the best Pixar movie ever. I've also seen speculation it will be the first Pixar movie not to finish #1 at the box office.

Back