• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

I'm betting ph is going to take his first #defeat when the "astronomically unaffordable "high-risk pools" that the average person couldn't dream of affording" is about the same as the astronomically unaffordable costs most employers currently owe thanks to Obamacare.

We pay an average over $600 per employee in basic health alone per month. Over $800 if you count dental/vision/disability

Throw in the legal/accounting compliance costs and its absurd.

Last edited:
I just posted someone else's take. It said that unaffordable pools were for people with preexisting conditions.

I just posted someone else's take. It said that unaffordable pools were for people with preexisting conditions.

will my take is now insurance is unaffordable even without preexisting conditions.

Thanks, Obama.

Trump inherited something and thinks he earned it. No surprise.

will my take is now insurance is unaffordable even without preexisting conditions.

Thanks, Obama.

The reason insurance rates have gone up, is because the ACA made it illegal for someone to be refused insurance coverage because of a preexisting condition. Those people cost insurance companies more than heathy people, but the expensive customers were previously excluded from the insurance pools this keeping costs down. The hope was that enough younger healthy people would sign up for fear of being taxed that it would balance out the insurance pools and costs would then not increase. But young health people realized two things, insurance premiums were higher than the tax and that they could wait until they got sick before signing up for insurance because now they couldn't be excluded anymore.

Stupid system from the get go. Should have gone with single payer. But, the main point is, preexsiting conditions are baked into the system already, they are already the reason your premiums are high. The only real choice for the Pubs is to say fuck you to preexisitng condition people and repeal Obamacare but that would screw over a lot of voters, roll those people into Medicaid or Medicare somehow and absorb the cost at a federal level but that would screw over the rest of us tax payers, or move the whole system to a single payer plan but that would screw over the insurance industry. I think Obama played the long game here. I think he knew the ACA was flawed an would not work but that once it was in place the Pubs would have only bad or expensive choices for getting rid of it or replacing it.

Poe's rep.

Sort of a microcosm for society with the black guy having a tougher set of initial circumstances.

Not the first time an OWG has taken credit for a black guy's hard work.

Obama's long game with ACA was that Democrats would be "greeted as liberators" and would remain in power to tinker with it as necessary.

Sanders was the easy troll. The inauguration is the rally for people who voted for the President. That's specifically what it is.

The reason insurance rates have gone up, is because the ACA made it illegal for someone to be refused insurance coverage because of a preexisting condition. Those people cost insurance companies more than heathy people, but the expensive customers were previously excluded from the insurance pools this keeping costs down. The hope was that enough younger healthy people would sign up for fear of being taxed that it would balance out the insurance pools and costs would then not increase. But young health people realized two things, insurance premiums were higher than the tax and that they could wait until they got sick before signing up for insurance because now they couldn't be excluded anymore.

Stupid system from the get go. Should have gone with single payer. But, the main point is, preexsiting conditions are baked into the system already, they are already the reason your premiums are high. The only real choice for the Pubs is to say fuck you to preexisitng condition people and repeal Obamacare but that would screw over a lot of voters, roll those people into Medicaid or Medicare somehow and absorb the cost at a federal level but that would screw over the rest of us tax payers, or move the whole system to a single payer plan but that would screw over the insurance industry. I think Obama played the long game here. I think he knew the ACA was flawed an would not work but that once it was in place the Pubs would have only bad or expensive choices for getting rid of it or replacing it.

This is a good post but I disagree with the end. Obama wasn't playing "I know this is shitty but it will hurt pubs" with his only real legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good post but I disagree with the end. Obama wasn't playing "I know this is shitty but it will hurt pubs" with his only real legacy

Well, I mean that I think he was willing to compromise a lot and caved on a lot of progressive principles because he expected that once a law was in place it would be politically very difficult to take away tens of millions of people's health care. That is, once you go universal health care you don't go back. I am not saying he was just trying to stick it to the Pubs, but that he wanted something to pass because it will (probably) never go away. That will be his legacy in health care.

Trump now just blatantly parroting nonsensical Fox News talking points.

The free world is led by your drunk uncle.

Trump now just blatantly parroting nonsensical Fox News talking points.

The free world is led by your drunk uncle.

Better than Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia

Trump travel ban is hurting US tourism. Searches for US bound flights from international locations are down 17%. Travel association is forecasting a 7% drop in foreign tourism.

A drop of that magnitude, if continued, would reduce the value of foreign travel within the U.S. by billions of dollars. And the number of jobs supported by foreign tourists and their expenditures in the United States—and thus lost—would easily exceed hundreds of thousands of workers in hotels, restaurants, transportation, stores, tour operations, travel agencies, and the like.

While, earlier in the year, the Administration had boasted of saving 800 jobs in the Carrier Corporation, the drop-off in employment resulting from the travel ban would eclipse that figure.

According to the Global Business Travel Association, in only a single week following announcement of the ban against certain foreign tourists, the activity of business travel declined by nearly $185 million.

http://www.frommers.com/tips/miscel...astating-drop-in-tourism-to-the-united-states

"eclipse,"lol...the writer is being very reserved or just on a tight deadline.

actually they boasted of 1100 to 1500(?) jobs, until the carrier union boss clarified, and then also 7 mil in corporate tax breaks up front because trump can sell milk to a cow. and of course those 800 are as good as lost to automation in less than a decade. you and i have speculated before about the economic cost of the travel ban, ty for finding figures, although that sounds low and probably does not attempt to measure the indirect costs of other indirect costs as well as opportunity costs and potential opportunities not pursued.

but hey 800 is a bigger number than 0.185, right?!

thanks for reading and your kind words in other threads, as well as your continued effort to speak truth. there are a lot of posters who've given up but are with you in spirit.

I just love that Trump supporters have no idea what the Russian flag looks like.

Back