• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

Many of Pence's social views are terribly douchey but I would take 8 years of him to get rid of trump right now.

He would simply make the Trump status quo look more legit.

The Official President Trump Thread: All other threads have #FakeTakes

Heard a story on NPR (I believe) that if health care doesn't work out and Donald doesn't deliver on tax cuts like he said then the market would take a bit of a drop since at least a portion of the gains since his election priced in these future tax cuts.

Seems interesting but I'm no Econ person so may not be the best analysis out there

EV.com had a piece this morning saying it looks like Jeffrey Epstein is about to make another appearance in the news. I didn't realize that Acosta, his nominee for Sec of Labor, was the Fla US Attorney who gave Epstein that sweetheart deal where he only had to serve about 1 year on lesser charges, much to the chagrin of the victims and apparently his staff. As we spoke about some last summer, Epstein has close ties to both Trump and Bubba. Some of this shite is now bound to come out during the confirmation process, although some Dems may not want to bring this stuff up because of Epstein's ties to Bubba. Which begs the question - why would Trump nominate a guy with this type of baggage to a cabinet position? I mean, if he's a friend you want to help out, then maybe ambassador to Canada or some undersecretary or something. Then the next question is whether the Dems pounce on it or leave it alone in order to protect Bubba.

Trump doesn't care. He thinks he's above the rules and no one has the right to question anything he does.

Trump doesn't care. He thinks he's above the rules and no one has the right to question anything he does.

Is it really that simple?

I hope the Senate Dems go full bore against Acosta, and any bad publicity for the Clintons be damned.

EV.com had a piece this morning saying it looks like Jeffrey Epstein is about to make another appearance in the news. I didn't realize that Acosta, his nominee for Sec of Labor, was the Fla US Attorney who gave Epstein that sweetheart deal where he only had to serve about 1 year on lesser charges, much to the chagrin of the victims and apparently his staff. As we spoke about some last summer, Epstein has close ties to both Trump and Bubba. Some of this shite is now bound to come out during the confirmation process, although some Dems may not want to bring this stuff up because of Epstein's ties to Bubba. Which begs the question - why would Trump nominate a guy with this type of baggage to a cabinet position? I mean, if he's a friend you want to help out, then maybe ambassador to Canada or some undersecretary or something. Then the next question is whether the Dems pounce on it or leave it alone in order to protect Bubba.

Yeah just saw these ties yesterday. This administration can't get out of their own way.

bad publicity for the Clintons is why Trump is president. Who cares at this point?

I would hope that Senate Dems don't in fact care about any possible repercussions to the Clintons and really delve into the Epstein stuff. Acosta blatantly let a rich pedophile off the hook. While he may not be as scary or dangerous as a Flynn or Bannon, he does not deserve a cabinet position.

That may be the most childish act by a US POTUS to a world leader in my lifetime.

This dude is going to go down as the worst president in US history. School children 100 years from now will read about his failed administration in awe. Really glad to be able to observe it firsthand. We are all witnesses.

I've said this before...I typically hate the "gotcha" moments by both parties when POTUS goes on vacation or takes some time for himself. These people are human and need some time to decompress and clear their minds.

But good grief, someone needs to tell Trump to cool it with the golf (same with aspen for his children). The optics just look awful, especially on the heels of one of the worst weeks in political history. And especially when you're playing every fucking weekend at an enormous cost to taxpayers.

His supporters believe there's no way Trump is traveling as much as Obama. They believe Obama used Air Force One solely to take Bo on a trip.

Oh good call...Obama was definitely flying Bo all over the country.

One of the silver linings of this entire shitshow is exposing the blatant hypocrisy of Republicans (both members and voters). Both parties do it but good god, Republicans were insufferable over the past 8 years. I didn't follow the tunnels years ago but I would love to see what posters were saying back then and compare it to today's comments (or lack thereof).

Oh good call...Obama was definitely flying Bo all over the country.

One of the silver linings of this entire shitshow is exposing the blatant hypocrisy of Republicans (both members and voters). Both parties do it but good god, Republicans were insufferable over the past 8 years. I didn't follow the tunnels years ago but I would love to see what posters were saying back then and compare it to today's comments (or lack thereof).

To be fair, we don't really have a strong contingent of conservative posters (both quality and quantity), so it wasn't that different. It's not like our resident pubs are really vocal supporters of Trump anyway. They just like their team being in control, and are tolerating the means to that end.

Back