• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

At that age, I would recommend Soccer Shots. Those coaches did a great job with the basic skills of soccer and making sure the kids had a good time

Once the little man gets to be 3 he can join Fusion rec leagues where it is basically (volunteer) parent coached and its 30 mins of "training" (the club does provide a training outline for the coaches) and then a 30 min game with another rec team. Cheaper than Soccer Shots by a fair distance because there is no coach to pay. But I think it is still good for the kids to just have fun and get touches on the ball! My daughter has been in this since she was 3 and loves it.

+1 to all of this

Anyone else going to Jerry World for the Nations League semis or final? I just picked up a couple of tickets for the final, hoping we play Mexico

Josh Sargent has 9 goals in 780 Championship minutes. Is he playing himself into a starting spot for the Nations League semifinal?

Would only get to see him play in Charlotte if they lose their semi-final game, Charlotte is scheduled to host a potential USA/Uraguay vs. Brazil/Colombia semi-final . Had some in the cart but decided to pass, will roll the dice and maybe pick some up later this summer.

USWNT got beat 2-0 by Mexico including a brilliant goal in stoppage time. Looks like they have a lot of problems to address before the Olympics.

For those who follow the women's team more closely: how competitive was our lineup & what was the overall tactical vibe, considering we were already through to the next round?

Charlotte semifinal for $175 seems reasonable compared to the other semi or the final. US matches start at $80 - not terribly excited to go to Dallas, KC or Atlanta. Thought about taking a gamble on the US winning their group and playing a quarterfinal match in Vegas against Brazil or Colombia but those tickets start at $300.

Haji Wright and Sargent with goals this week. 11 for both in the Championship now. Sargent in 900 minutes.

US Women looked better tonight and beat a scrappy/physical Columbia team. I didn't want Morgan to start but she was on a damn mission tonight. The team/US women's development is still in big trouble but at least we can still will ourselves to some wins. The days of domination in any international tournament are done.

They play Canada in the semis on Wed. I desperately hope they get to the final because we have tickets with my daughter's club team. A US/Mexico rematch in the final in San Diego will be a crazy atmosphere.

The pitch in this Gold Cup semi is horrific. The ball barely rolls.

Back