• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

The pitch in this Gold Cup semi is horrific. The ball barely rolls.
Should have either delayed the game because the weather was clearing or played today. The first half was total garbage.

Naeher was lucky not to be red carded for her foul that gave up the tying PK. She was amazing in the shootout though and even put in a great PK.

Finals on Sunday against Brazil. Looks like a sellout now and going to be a great atmosphere. Brazil is looking super confident on offense so I'm not feeling great about our chances. Our offense has overall sucked all tournament. Reliance on fast forwards with no real connecting or creativity.

Haji Wright with 2 more today, 13 on the season. Sargent picked up his 12th.

Yeah that's as strong as it gets for us.

Brandon Vasquez the only "snub" for me but that's at the 3rd FWD position and Sargent is scoring just as many so I'd say it's justified.

yeah, when the quibbles are at the margins (Drake Callendar is pretty meh) then hard to be mad

hope Adams is truly healthy

Our starting XI is pretty much locked in except for the 6, which will be Musah or Cardoso.

Musah is a no brainer for me but Cardoso has been in immaculate for over the past 2 months while Musah has been relegated to Milans bench.

vs Jamaica

------------Balogun--------------
---Pulisic----Reyna----Weah---
-----McKennie-----?????-----
Jedi--Ream--Richards--Scally
------------Turner---------------

vs Mexico

------------Balogun--------------
---Pulisic----Reyna----Weah---
-----McKennie-----?????-----
Jedi--Ream--Richards--Dest
------------Turner---------------

I wish there was something equivalent in the US. And the US Open Cup doesn’t quite do it…
i mean, certainly not the current version with the MLS clubs (mostly) sitting it out, but what would a US version look like that wasn't the OG US Open Cup?

If we had a true open cup with all the different levels of soccer competing would we get similar level of drama? Or does the lack of promotion/relegation system fundamentally change the makeup of teams at different levels which would make it far less likely?

I wish there was something equivalent in the US. And the US Open Cup doesn’t quite do it…
It isn't quite the same but the US Open Cup has over 100 years of history. It was a great setup but fans and teams just didn't pay attention or treat it seriously. Revs played games at Harvard's stadium for a few years in Boston which was awesome. It's a shame this year has become a bit of a joke for MLS sides. Guess it is tough to blame them when it wasn't making them money or bringing in fans as compared to Champions Cup and League Cup.

Pittsburgh and Birmingham were in the quarters last year. Sacramento were in the semifinal - maybe even the final the year before? There are plenty of great stories, but no one seems to care.

If we had a true open cup with all the different levels of soccer competing would we get similar level of drama? Or does the lack of promotion/relegation system fundamentally change the makeup of teams at different levels which would make it far less likely?
i don't know what "true open cup" means, but 100 teams participated last year

the preliminary round games between the local lower level teams and semi-pro teams to qualify for the USOC is a good time

Back