• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake Forest vs. Villanova Game Thread - 1:30 ET ESPN2

Sunday will be a good test to see how this group bounces back. At the moment it looks like we'll be playing a true road game & most likely underdogs per Vegas. It is a game that needs to be a win for the team to bring home some momentum & can reflect on this tourney as a positive.

Today more nova fans than Sunday Charleston fans.

Sunday will be a good test to see how this group bounces back. At the moment it looks like we'll be playing a true road game & most likely underdogs per Vegas. It is a game that needs to be a win for the team to bring home some momentum & can reflect on this tourney as a positive.

This.

Until this team does what has not happened in years, follow up a good win with another good win, the jury will be out. Today wasn't even a moral victory, when it's an accomplishment not to get blown out by 30 or 40. The team needs to come out Sunday and control and win the game. They need to show they can shrug this lose off and get back to business.

Can't wait for Chaundee. He should help a lot on defense. Get a post-grad big who can get boards for next year, and I really like where we are. Doral's been pretty disappointing.

Hard to rebound or otherwise contribute from the bench.

Hard to rebound or otherwise contribute from the bench.

Oh come on, anybody with decent eyesight can see Doral is not ready to compete and may never be. He looks like a little lost boy out there most of the time and in a perpetual state of confused looking facial expressions

Oh come on, anybody with decent eyesight can see Doral is not ready to compete and may never be. He looks like a little lost boy out there most of the time and in a perpetual state of confused looking facial expressions

Yeah. This wasn't the game to give him more work.

Between the football team's offense and the basketball team's defense, I want to sit in a pile of ashes and scrape myself with broken pottery shards. I know it was Villanova, but I'm still pissed we lost.

Quite a seven day span for the Deacs. Facing top-5 bball team and two top-5 football teams. 0-3 the likely outcome and always was; but at least in the first two, and I suspect tonight, we have put up a fight.

The last time we played The College of Charleston was 1994 in the first round of the NCAA tourney. IIRC, it was a pretty close game for awhile until Duncan took over in the end and we won by about 10. I met my wife the next year- she is a C of C grad- and I've had bragging rights for over 20 years. Hope that doesn't change.

This.

Until this team does what has not happened in years, follow up a good win with another good win, the jury will be out. Today wasn't even a moral victory, when it's an accomplishment not to get blown out by 30 or 40. The team needs to come out Sunday and control and win the game. They need to show they can shrug this lose off and get back to business.

Agree with your premise but not your assessment of that game. We played pretty well against really good team in the first few weeks of a long season.

Granted we didn't poop our pants against #3, but at the same time we didn't really make 'nova extend themselves.

I'm so wait-and-see on this team. We have shown good things. I think the biggest positive is that we have already replaced an overrated Devin Thomas with a better John Collins. We were 9-3 in a tougher non-con schedule last year before we faced the ACC schedule.

Back