• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake Forest vs. Villanova Game Thread - 1:30 ET ESPN2

Ken Pom predicts a 83-70 Nova win. BTW, WF is now shooting 47.5% from 3 which is #12 in the country. Villanova plays strong 3 point defense holding teams to 24.5% from 3 this year.

Last edited:
Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Vevxwu.jpg

VIBES!

I'm kind of expecting a great game from Childress. Not sure why, probably because he's a great ball handler and nova has great guards. We'll need someone who's smart with the ball and quick to beat these guys. Hoping for a lot of dishes to Collins today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we shoot 62% from 3, 60% from the field, and 80% from the FT line, we will win.

I also didn't realize that we salvaged what, a 35% FG percentage in the first half to end up at 60% yesterday? Collins just completely took over.

Also, only 5 turnovers from our starting 5 is a great sign.

Last edited:
I'm looking at my autographed picture of Skip and thinking, "my defense is my offense."

Or was it "my offense is my defense?" Can't remember.

Last edited:
It's solidly -12.5/-13. It's a very fair line.

They want to get us into a running, three point shooting contest. I would be surprised if they play us far out on the court. I hope they do. It will give JC a lot of room to operate.

I am holding out on going to lunch, so I can do so and watch part of the game. Damn I am getting hungry though!

We are going to have to play much better perimeter defense, or Villanova is going to kill us with dribble penetration. Our bigs are very foul prone when they have to switch to help side.

I'm just about as optimistic as most about our offense after yesterday's performance, but to see UTEP slice and dice our defense makes me think Nova wins by 15+

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we shoot 62% from 3, 60% from the field, and 80% from the FT line, we will win.

I'm not sure what limb you're on, but I'll climb out there with you.

Back