• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 11 NFL Thread: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH SUNDAY NIGHT

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score

Also, bye weeks: Atlanta, Denver, NY Jets, San Diego

Last edited:
Pretty skunky week. Not great matchups and some entertaining teams on bye (and the Jets)

AGREED.

Here are the coverage maps: http://506sports.com/

Some pretty weird splotches of coverage for the New England San Francisco game - like South Dakota, Indianapolis and southern Alabama. Any ideas about what is going on with those areas getting the NE - SF game instead of Philly at Seattle?

I like the Cowboy's more than I used to - with Romo's classy comments and with JJ threatening to fire anyone who takes a knee during the national anthem.

I'm glad you guys decided to be patriotic and support AMURICA'S TEAM!

Curious as to why Romo's comments were 'classy'? Seems to me classy would be just saying that Prescott's riding a streak and he's gonna be the back up for the time being rather than calling a press conference in order to whine about how much of a competitor he is and how's he such a great man for stepping aside for the betterment of the team. Sheeesh.

Curious as to why Romo's comments were 'classy'? Seems to me classy would be just saying that Prescott's riding a streak and he's gonna be the back up for the time being rather than calling a press conference in order to whine about how much of a competitor he is and how's he such a great man for stepping aside for the betterment of the team. Sheeesh.

Or he could have pulled a Favre

Some pretty weird splotches of coverage for the New England San Francisco game - like South Dakota, Indianapolis and southern Alabama. Any ideas about what is going on with those areas getting the NE - SF game instead of Philly at Seattle?

SD is the only surprising of the three.

NFL has felt blah all season. Maybe just me.

I think it may be you. Or the Panthers?

The last three games I have watched are Hawks - Bills, Boys - Steelers, then Hawks - Patriots. Each was amazingly better than the last. On each of the broadcasts, the announcers said this was the best game of the year in the NFL so far.

If you are wondering, I will likely be unable to catch a game this weekend because of travel. Hoping to catch Eagles - Hawks though.

Not 100% certain how it work with CBS. But with College Football on ABC, the network assigns the market a game, but you can request another one if is available on your network. Stations will ask for a different game if their is some sort of local tie or sometimes for other reasons, like the person in charge of the request is a fan of a team they want to watch. There is a chance someone in charge of the CBS affiliate in Indy is a Patriots or 49ers fan.

Belichick says Fuck Doofus

The discussion began when a reporter broached the topic of how quickly quarterbacks release the football and its importance to the team's offense. The question was if quarterback release times are more widely discussed now because of advance metric websites.

"The, what now?" Belichick asked.

Told the quick release of quarterbacks, Belichick specifically asked, "What metric are you talking about?"

When informed it was a reference to the advance metric websites that put emphasis on quick releases by quarterbacks, Belichick began to get rolling.

"What the hell is that?" he asked. "I mean, you could take those advanced websites and metric them -- whatever you want. I don’t know. I have no idea. I’ve never looked at one. I don’t even care to look at one. I don’t care what they say.

"As far as a quarterback goes, read the coverage, throw the ball to the open receiver and take the best matchup. That’s what it is in a nutshell. The quicker we’re open, the clearer the picture, the sooner the ball is going to come out. If we don’t have anybody open, who is the quarterback going to throw it to? It’s timing, decision making, execution by the entire offensive team. That’s what the passing game is. The receivers have got to get open and catch the ball. The quarterback’s got to read the coverage, make the right decision and make an accurate throw.

"All the metric pages and all of that, I mean I have no idea. You’d need to ask that to a smarter coach than me."

Belichick says Fuck Doofus

The discussion began when a reporter broached the topic of how quickly quarterbacks release the football and its importance to the team's offense. The question was if quarterback release times are more widely discussed now because of advance metric websites.

"The, what now?" Belichick asked.

Told the quick release of quarterbacks, Belichick specifically asked, "What metric are you talking about?"

When informed it was a reference to the advance metric websites that put emphasis on quick releases by quarterbacks, Belichick began to get rolling.

"What the hell is that?" he asked. "I mean, you could take those advanced websites and metric them -- whatever you want. I don’t know. I have no idea. I’ve never looked at one. I don’t even care to look at one. I don’t care what they say.

"As far as a quarterback goes, read the coverage, throw the ball to the open receiver and take the best matchup. That’s what it is in a nutshell. The quicker we’re open, the clearer the picture, the sooner the ball is going to come out. If we don’t have anybody open, who is the quarterback going to throw it to? It’s timing, decision making, execution by the entire offensive team. That’s what the passing game is. The receivers have got to get open and catch the ball. The quarterback’s got to read the coverage, make the right decision and make an accurate throw.

"All the metric pages and all of that, I mean I have no idea. You’d need to ask that to a smarter coach than me."

Holy shit, the video is priceless (not to mention the ridiculous Gronk commercial before the video):
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/11/18/bill-belichick-on-advanced-metrics-websites-what-the-hell-is-that-video/?cid=twitter_985thesportshub

Back