• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 7 NFL Thread: Win One for GENO

This game is going to be Exhibit A for people who think the NFL is in decline. The marquee game of the week between division rivals capping off over 14 straight hours of football ends in a 6-6 tie with two missed easy FGs in OT.

This game is going to be Exhibit A for people who think the NFL is in decline. The marquee game of the week between division rivals capping off over 14 straight hours of football ends in a 6-6 tie with two missed easy FGs in OT.

#hottake

But look at how many of us stayed up to watch it!

No, the ratings drop is Exhibit A, not a sample size of 6 on a Wake Forest message board.

Ph, and everyone else who supports Kap, does not want to believe there has been any negative impact on ratings as a result of the protests- when it's clear there has. Of course there are other problems as well- the huge number of ads and length of the games. It's boring and most people are unwilling to make the kind of commitment necessary to watch a game. If it hadn't been for the rise of fantasy football, their ratings would have tanked far worse.

Ph, and everyone else who supports Kap, does not want to believe there has been any negative impact on ratings as a result of the protests- when it's clear there has. Of course there are other problems as well- the huge number of ads and length of the games. It's boring and most people are unwilling to make the kind of commitment necessary to watch a game. If it hadn't been for the rise of fantasy football, their ratings would have tanked far worse.

Agreed. As a Redskins fan, if we aren't on TV, I never watch a game. Although I do watch about 6 of the 8 hours of RedZone.

The idea that someone would not watch a sport because 1-2% of the players kneel or raise their fist during the national anthem is crazy to me. I understand the polling says that's the case. Just find it hard to wrap my head around the anti PC crowd reacting like that. Much like the ESPN radio affiliate that didn't pick up the ECU game after members of the marching band kneeled.

The idea that someone would not watch a sport because 1-2% of the players kneel or raise their fist during the national anthem is crazy to me. I understand the polling says that's the case. Just find it hard to wrap my head around the anti PC crowd reacting like that. Much like the ESPN radio affiliate that didn't pick up the ECU game after members of the marching band kneeled.

I think the long games are a much bigger problem. Most people aren't willing to make the commitment the games require. Much easier to watch 3 or 4 minutes of highlights on YouTube. But when people are already turning away from your product, why give them another reason to tune out.

The games are shorter than college football games.

Every once in a while, I'm flabbergasted that kickers don't get beat up by their own teammates.

Ph, and everyone else who supports Kap, does not want to believe there has been any negative impact on ratings as a result of the protests- when it's clear there has.

I think a stronger argument is that OWGs have lost their golden boy Peyton and are struggling to find someone else to identify with

I think a stronger argument is that OWGs have lost their golden boy Peyton and are struggling to find someone else to identify with

There are still plenty of big names for the casual fans. Brady is a Trump supporter so there's someone OWG's can cheer for.

Isn't just that Millennials aren't watching cable TV anymore. So they are either throwing up an illegal stream or going to the Bars to watch the game. Pretty much exactly what i do.

I think the long games are a much bigger problem. Most people aren't willing to make the commitment the games require. Much easier to watch 3 or 4 minutes of highlights on YouTube. But when people are already turning away from your product, why give them another reason to tune out.

I for one blame hILLary as well.

Weren't millenials doing that before this year though? Doesn't really explain a drastic drop in one single year

Back