• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 7 NFL Thread: Win One for GENO

Weren't millenials doing that before this year though? Doesn't really explain a drastic drop in one single year
I think it is really starting to increase lately though. I haven't watch a 1pm or 4pm network game on regular cable in like 2 years, but I wouldn't say i have lost interest in football.

Every once in a while, I'm flabbergasted that kickers don't get beat up by their own teammates.

A few years ago a Bama kicker missed a few key kicks and came to practice one day to find somebody took a dump in his cleat.

Brock Osweiler looks like a prototype of an android QB.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-2.46.38-PM.png

That looks like a poll of people who listed multiple reasons why they think some people are watching less football. 40% chose to make a political statement.

I guess the NBA's ratings are about to plummet.

Though such idiots probably weren't watching that anyway

Mouthbreathing NFL fans get real butthurt about lukewarm political statements but clearly don't let domestic violence, assault, murder, etc. affect the watchability of the league.

What's up with all the elaborate post game player jersey trading this season

Honestly, it's a combination of reasons

1. Dom Violence issues lost fans for sure, definitely alienated women
2. Oversaturation (funny how a decline this started to happen within two seasons of putting TNF on network TV)
3. Kaep protests for those 'Murica folks
4. Bad luck with primetime games
5. Teams just suck now due to CBA, less vets more young kids
6. People feeling guilty watching these guys ruin their bodies/brains
7. Millennial BS

I think it is really starting to increase lately though. I haven't watch a 1pm or 4pm network game on regular cable in like 2 years, but I wouldn't say i have lost interest in football.

This is largely true for me too; there's just usually more interesting stuff to do on the weekends than sit on my ass (which I do at the office all week) to watch football.

Honestly, it's a combination of reasons

1. Dom Violence issues lost fans for sure, definitely alienated women
2. Oversaturation (funny how a decline this started to happen within two seasons of putting TNF on network TV)
3. Kaep protests for those 'Murica folks
4. Bad luck with primetime games
5. Teams just suck now due to CBA, less vets more young kids
6. People feeling guilty watching these guys ruin their bodies/brains
7. Millennial BS
8. It's very easy to pick out the contenders from the pretenders within a few weeks of the beginning of the season and no one cares about watching pretenders, unless you're a fan of said pretender/lack of parity.

I think that's something that's been going on for several years now, which I would attribute to the general rules changes. If you have a good QB you win, if you don't you don't.

However this year -- with the significant caveat of putting the Patriots aside -- I feel like it's less clear who the really good teams are, and yet the ratings have plummeted.

College -- despite being a more entertaining product -- also seems to be doing a worse job of preparing players for the league. Louis Riddick made the point on SVP last night about how O-linemen in particular are being asked completely different things between what they do in college and what they're asked to do once they get to the league. There have been many highly drafted OL bombs over the last few years

College -- despite being a more entertaining product -- also seems to be doing a worse job of preparing players for the league. Louis Riddick made the point on SVP last night about how O-linemen in particular are being asked completely different things between what they do in college and what they're asked to do once they get to the league. There have been many highly drafted OL bombs over the last few years

I think that is less on the colleges and has more to do with the CBA's reduction of OTAs, training camp, and practice time especially with contact.

I think it is simply a combination of NFL RedZone and shitty Thursday & Monday night games.

I usually just watch the Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games from 9pm-ish until halftime... If the game sucks, I go to bed. It usually sucks.

RedZone is on in my home from start to finish on Sundays... I never flip to individual games.

I would like for them to just get rid of the Thursday night games.

Thursday games add little except an easy Survivor pick some weeks.

Josh Brown cut, as expected. So will someone else pick him up? I assume he would be signed if Dan Bailey gets hurt.

followed by Trevor Siemian vs Brock Osweiler

followed by Jags Titans on Thursday night

Back