• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially OFFICIAL 2015/16 Champions League Thread (NWT) (Non-Scouse Thread)

Suarez and Gabriel would be a hell of a biting contest.

Me all game:
dmbrdy.gif

But then Muller scored:

hfma.gif

Where the fuck does Ribery think he's going? Every touch he gets ends with the ball being dribbled into the foot of a defender deep in the box. Pass or shoot Frank!

10 yellow cards. Guess i missed the game/brawl.

Champions League quarters:
Barcelona - Athletico
Bayern Munich - Benfica
Real Madrid - Wolfsburg
PSG - City

PSG - City should be fun. The other 3 look one-sided.

And Liverpool draws Dortmund in the Europa League quarters.

Champions League quarters:
Barcelona - Athletico
Bayern Munich - Benfica
Real Madrid - Wolfsburg
PSG - City

PSG - City should be fun. The other 3 look one-sided.

And Liverpool draws Dortmund in the Europa League quarters.

What a RANDOM draw!!!

Perhaps this is a naive question, but I'm trying to figure out why English teams such so many balls in Europe. Bad management? Putting together all-star squads that can't play like teams? My best guess though is that the EPL schedule is more demanding than other leagues'. You can't exactly punt versus the bottom feeders in England quite like in Spain, for instance.

I was watching the pundits on espnfc...the PL schedule has been the same for years. No winter break. Tons of cups/matches but the teams were doing well in the CL anyways. I think top PL teams just don't have the same talent. Factor in that the PL bottom teams are tougher doesn't help as well

Yeah, bottom tier PL teams better so top tier teams feel less enabled to role out weaker squads for PL matches + more competition for top 4 spots means less room for error, so top players don't get rest.

I still think a winter break is needed. But games the day after Christmas so... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Back