• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially OFFICIAL 2015/16 Champions League Thread (NWT) (Non-Scouse Thread)

Been out all morning and just saw the Benfica draw. Thank god.

Yeah, bottom tier PL teams better so top tier teams feel less enabled to role out weaker squads for PL matches + more competition for top 4 spots means less room for error, so top players don't get rest.

I still think a winter break is needed. But games the day after Christmas so... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The winter break helps overall but as a fan it kindda sucks having to wait so long for the games to start back up. Dec 19th to Jan 22nd is a long time

Yeah, bottom tier PL teams better so top tier teams feel less enabled to role out weaker squads for PL matches + more competition for top 4 spots means less room for error, so top players don't get rest.

I still think a winter break is needed. But games the day after Christmas so... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

If they added a winter break, they would need to pack games more tightly to fit into the schedule. The Bundesliga is at 18 teams, but I don't see the EPL dropping two teams due to revenue issues.

You can't "punt" against any team in Spain because any dropped points whatsoever are liable to lose you the league, because the teams are so good. And there's England's problem, there teams aren't elite

They've already built in a winter break for the future. They just named it the 2022 World Cup.

2 min in and Vidal nets a goal already.

WTF was Torres doing? He had at least 2 card worthy fouls before the final yellow. The ref was almost like "what are you doing? I have to send you off just for being so stupid."

Suarez whacks dude in the face...yellow. I hate that douche.

We've had so many damn chances but just can't convert any of them.

Suarez whacks dude in the face...yellow. I hate that douche.

luis-suarez-teeth.png

That second half was frustrating as hell. The through balls and balls into (well over) the box were just terrible. Kingsley had a rough day on the wing. Should have put them away today but lazy play means that the second game actually matters.

German announcers were brutal on Bayern for not putting the tie to bed. Sloppy play in the attacking 3rd.

One day when I grow up though, I want to play like Alaba. Cool, fluid and so flexible. I can't believe he's this good as a CB when he's a fucking attacking mid for Austria (and brilliant there too). It's remarkable.

German announcers were brutal on Bayern for not putting the tie to bed. Sloppy play in the attacking 3rd.

One day when I grow up though, I want to play like Alaba. Cool, fluid and so flexible. I can't believe he's this good as a CB when he's a fucking attacking mid for Austria (and brilliant there too). It's remarkable.

IMO Alaba is hands down the best left back in the world (Marcelo blahblahblah). He can come into the central defense and play fluidly (like right now when Jerome is hurt, move Alaba in and have Bernat on the wing) and then he can also attack brilliantly. Granted he's freed up a bit because Bernat is world class as well so if we need to move Alaba to central defense we still have another amazing left back to step in.

God Real look like shit today. Love Wolfsburg though, have to say this is the surprise of the champions league so far. PSG giving up 2 at home to City is just as surprising in my mind. Need a late goal here, don't want to head to England behind in aggregate...

Back