• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Official 2016/2017 Champions League Thread (NWT)

Was following at work via tweets and texts. Neville had me thinking Ronaldo was Messi out there today. But as usual, more a case of him being very efficient at finishing the opportunities his teammates teed up for him. Don't tell me lewandowski or ibra wouldn't have put all three of those away too. And most top strikers get 2/3.

Was following at work via tweets and texts. Neville had me thinking Ronaldo was Messi out there today. But as usual, more a case of him being very efficient at finishing the opportunities his teammates teed up for him. Don't tell me lewandowski or ibra wouldn't have put all three of those away too. And most top strikers get 2/3.

I wildly disagree (after a couple beers). The header was absolutely a great finish. The second was burying a volley. The third was making a lucky run, but honestly, he gets credit for smart over lucky run just due to being him. Maybe other strikers finish if they get foot/head to ball, but other strikers aren't in the position to put foot/head to ball. There is no way to look at his performance today other than exceptionally gifted player.

Diego Godin is absolutely finished as well. He was directly at fault for both the 2nd and 3rd goals and looked like a ghost of his former self. He's 31 now and has a billion miles on his odometer, never was blessed with elite athleticism and what he did have appears to have abandoned him. All the smarts and guile and grit in the world don't matter if Benzema can just shrug you off and dump you onto the ground at the top of the box or Vazquez just beats you to the end line for an uncontested cross like you aren't even there.

Atletico without their heart and brain at the back are just not the same, and Godin wasn't just not great - he was an absolute liability. They can't survive that.

Mbappe's turn of pace is out of this world. Such quick feet.

What a deft back heel from Dani Alves to set up Higuain! 1-0!

Dybala and Alves with fantastic and necessary back heels on that play.

That was absolutely beautiful to watch from start to finish. Utter class. Going to be Real v Juve final y'all, get hype!

Juventus with the Italian football masterclass tonight. Young, energetic teams with more ability than discipline are just food for them.

Wow, I'm not able to watch live but looking at the score, game on apparently

The fact Benzema kept that in was unreal. It's also unacceptable that 3 Atletico players let both the ball and Benzema get through.

Real v. Juve

The club that grossly buys every player possible vs. the club that spent a decade bribing its way to victory

I'll be rooting for goals

Back